• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Star Ship Electronics Container

Zack

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Starship Electronics Container
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:starshipelectronicscontainerye38

Faction: Wazu
FM Approved Yet? Yes
Faction requires art? Yes

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? No

Contains New art? Yes
Previously Submitted? Yes, as part of: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:c5

Notes: This is the most place-holdery article for the C5. It contains all the stuff star-ships are assumed to have like reaction wheels, hard drives, ect. Even though its a small article I still have a picture up on it.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Do people live in it? Can they? How do you service them? Access hatches? What kinds of systems are inside? Are they just generic, baseline stuff? Also, hull rating?

Since this is just a component, an SP rating isn't included with the submission and would be on whatever starship article the container is used with.

This line has been added to answer 'Do people live in it/can they/how do you service/access hatches'
There is no room for maintenance personal inside, and refurbishing the unit requires the end capes be removed and the bundle of equipment inside to be slid out then disassembled.

Internal components are listed along the side of the page. They are fairly generic equipment that shouldn't need extensive detail.

Also removed the mention of sensors being inside of this container, as they were not detailed and don't really need to be in this submission.

Please include an SP. Don't argue.

Can you give at least a computational comparison of the type of equipment inside? That is to say, are you running IES-grade stuff in there? Something less? That sort of thing. Give your (potential?) buyers something to go on.

Why would you request an SP value for this container but not the other containers?

Ontop of that how would we deal with a ship that uses these containers? The should would have its own SP value, and then have an additional amount of SP from the add-on containers. In the case of the C5 alone you'd be looking at an additional 36 SP worth of stuff from the engines, 12 Sp from the electronics containers, and 54SP from the lasers if each block were to have 1SP.

I'd like an SP for each container. I thought I'd made that clear. My apologies; I'd focused on other problems in them.

Ontop of that how would we deal with a ship that uses these containers? The should would have its own SP value, and then have an additional amount of SP from the add-on containers. In the case of the C5 alone you'd be looking at an additional 36 SP worth of stuff from the engines, 12 Sp from the electronics containers, and 54SP from the lasers if each block were to have 1SP.
What it means is that you'd have layers, if these containers went outside the vessel in question.

You'd have a 12 SP layer, then another layer beneath that if they're attached to the ship.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back