• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Star Ship Engine Container

Zack

Inactive Member
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Much like other engine articles a top speed isn't listed. Naturally the top speed would be crazy-high with just the engine and no starship, so the speed is just listed as Average. I went ahead and added a bit more clarification on that as Average:Very Advanced Technology since this would be a good engine, just not a particularly amazing one. The page already links back to the starship speed standard in regards to this too.

Like the other components, the speed should be listed on the star ship article rather than the component article.

As listed on the starship speed standards page, the top speed would be: 0.25c (74,948 km per second). This is included in the article under the speed section along with a link to the appropriate page.

I am also unclear on what homework I am supposed to be doing. I posted an example of an engine article that was approved that I feel has less than my article. You yourself also posted a few examples of articles that have as much or less content in them than my own.

Sure there are more developed engine articles, but that doesn't prevent mine from being approved.

As for acceleration, that is intentionally left out because speed in SARP is measured as a flat number rather than as DeltaV, Hull value is not included, just like it is not included in other engine articles as this would be a component of a ship which would have an SP value. Manufacturer is whoever, but Aiesu is getting the right of first night for it.

Just for the sake of clarity, it's still listed in the submission rules that other submissions or existing content can't be used as justification for a submission. Your submission is judged on its own merits, not what it does or doesn't have that other articles do or don't.

Sure there are more developed engine articles, but that doesn't prevent mine from being approved.

The actual submission rules said:
It is not a valid argument to justify overpowered or questionable abilities on your submission by…
  1. pointing to an older submission, especially one of a different faction
This is your last opportunity to answer my questions. If you don't, this will be rejected with prejudice.

I advise against that result.

What's its actual top speed?
the top speed would be: 0.25c (74,948 km per second)

Acceleration?
As for acceleration, that is intentionally left out because speed in SARP is measured as a flat number rather than as DeltaV

Hull rating?
Hull value is not included, just like it is not included in other engine articles as this would be a component of a ship which would have an SP value.

Who makes it?
Manufacturer is whoever, but Aiesu is getting the right of first night for it.
Though as established in other submissions, I apparently have to wait for the submission to be picked up by a manufacturer ICly before I can get it approved for ICuse.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back