• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: 188604 [Star Wasp] 11: Hey SAINTGUY!

Z

Zack

Candon,

I need to see you! One ticket to a shady starport on Nepleslia is enclosed.

-Uso

"Well, this is a bad idea..." Candon mumbled as he set down his datapad. He knew SAINT and IPG we're restricted from each other's borders. "looks like I'm off duty again."

ON, Shady Nepleslian Starport>

Candon stepped down the ramp of the shuttle he'd taken, not in uniform of course. Blue t-shirt and gray cargo pants complemented by an HHG on each leg with his Lorath Hand-cannon behind his back. Any less firepower and he wouldn't fit in.

"HEEEY SAINTGUY!" Uso shouted, waving her arms at Candon while he was still off in the distance.
'Whelp, so much for blending in,' he thought sarcastically as he waved back. A man gave him a dirty look, obviously not a fan of Yamataian intelligence personnel, "chill, my child. I'm a priest."

Uso was no longer choosing to wear dresses, this time clad in her usual bodysuit. Datapad attached to a belt at the hip, pistol in a holster, just enough of the bodysuit unzipped to show off a bit of that well engineered body underneith, a recurring fashion choice Candon was finding harder to ignore.

"I got something for you for the holidays. I figure you would appriciate Usomas as much as the locals and I need a good way of getting you guys off my back for a bit longer."
Uso tapped the door of the huge size cargo container behind her to make her point.

"Aw, you're not trying to bribe me, are you?" Candon replied with a sweetness that was more or less fake.

"Look, this is nepleslia. Either no one gives a shit who you are, or they are already following you anyways." Uso would turn around, lifting the heavy latch on the container and letting it clunk open.

"Aaaand skipping ahead to the point," She said, as she tugged on the huge cargo container doors, pulling them open to reveal about 2 dozen nekos, each in their own clear prison cases. The dark skinned girls looking sullen and defeated.

"You guys still have that rule on the books about returning SAoY property when you find it right? Coming home with prisoners of war has to be great for your career too."

Genuine shock washed over the spy's features. He inhaled heavily. It seemed almost too good to believe despite the good credit she currently had with Candon. Telepathically interfacing with his communicator he began running the faces he was looking at through the SAOY database. He didn't get any hits but seeing is believing and his only question was, "how."

He looked back to Uso, "how did you find them?"

"They were what was left after we destroyed the NMX fleet I'ee." Uso said, pausing for a moment before adding, "We built a combat fleet bee-tee-dub. 24 pillagers, 3 carriers, and assorted small ships.

And since we do not want your people coming after us for stealing nekos, We're leaving them with you. I am sure you can arrange whatever needed transport at this point right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I can do that," he confirmed, still surprised that she wouldn't just sell them black market in secret.
"You surprise me, Uso. I'm sure you'll want a favor in return?"

"Actually, I was hoping you could get me a piece of Zesu ... Maybe about this big" Uso held up her hands, indicating a fairly thin piece about a meter in size, "I need it as a gift for a friend for Usomas... Which is our holiday celebration... "

"Huh, I wouldn't have guessed," he muttered, "you know, I'm not so sure how legal that is."

"... Come on, you wanna be a spy guy. You know how this works. Consider this a down payment on our professional relationship. I don't even need the Zesu, it'd just be nice to have."

"Well, I guess a small piece isn't going to end the world, most people looking for a piece that size intend on making a sword. Do you want me to just get you a Zesu sword?"

"No, if I wanted one of those I'd just buy one...." Uso looked embarassed for a moment, adding, "... In a completely legal way... I'm making an axe thing for someone who's really tall. I know a guy who can work the material I just need the material itself."

"Well.. I guess it's not like I'm giving you a nuke," he said more to himself than her, then responded, "I'll figure it out and get in touch with you, do you think they sell burner phones around here?"

"Pads are cheap enough, you can grab them in just about any of the small stores nearby. Gunshops nearly always have 'em" Uso responded, "You're on your own regarding procurement though."

"Alright, I'll let you know somehow," Candon replied as he casually shut one of the cargo container doors, "I'm going to call for a covert pickup, no need to draw any undue attention. You, um- you probably shouldn't be here when they arrive. They might, you know, try to pick you up too. I haven't been very upfront about our meetings, odds are they'll want to pull me in too."

"If you can't spin this into a promotion for yourself then you've got bigger things to worry about. After all, your clandestine operations are already paying off and this" Uso said, waving her hand at the container, "Is all above the board. We picked up NMX POWs, and we returned them to Yamatai, through you. I'm sure you've got paperwork or whatever to fill out... 'course I'm not to fond of bringing a container of prisoners to survailence-state-central' so we're doin' it here."

Uso looked around a bit,

"Hanako's Hips... this place is a fuckin' dump. I should buy my own starport."

Uso would then make her way towards the exit, patting Candon on the shoulder as she passed by,

"I'll be waiting to hear from ya."

2 hours later, a bizarre sight appeared. In the middle of this shady starport, a freighter from the Star Army of Yamatai actually landed, causing local eyebrows to raise, jaws to drop, and coffee to be spilled. From the ship emerged two fire teams of soldiers in DAISY armor, a Shoi in a miniskirt and an officer cap, and a large wheeled container mover vehicle with an orange-paneled Phodian sitting on a large cushion in front of the controls.

The Shoi didn't want to say Candon's name in front of whoever was around so she just inquired, "where is it?" and waited for him to show them where the container was.

"It's this one here, Ma'am," Candon replied over the commotion, pointing to the closed cargo container full of captives, "I'm glad you're here Ma'am, the locals seem pretty edgy around here."
He pulled the doors open with a gentle tug to reveal the 24 women bound in clear containers.

"I can't imagine why."

The Shoi gave a hand gesture and the soldiers closed up the container and the vehicle rolled over and grabbed it, and then carefully wheeled it up into the freighter and back into the ship until it reached a cargo elevator.

"You have permission to board the Hatarakimono," the Shoi said as the armored soldiers jogged back onto the ship.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back