• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

StarArmy eZine (Working site included, debating sections)

OsakanOne

Retired Member
Hey all,

Rather than explain my submission, I'll let it explain itself.
Hey all,

Rather than explain my submission, I'll let my submission explain itself.
https://stararmy.com/m/osakanone/

I'd like some help naming it and up to now, I have myself, Doshii, Forte, Tomoe and Concerto on the writing team.

If you have any ideas, please submit them here.

Hopefully, we'll be voting for a name within the next week and optimizing the layout to load as quickly as possible since this is just a prototype.

I'd like some help naming it and up to now, I have myself, Doshii, Forte, Tomoe and Concerto on the writing team.

Hopefully, we'll be voting for a name within the next week and optimizing the layout to load as quickly as possible since this is just a prototype.

I'm sorry to tell you that your link is broken.

I actually think it would be more useful if you explain it a little more here.

Well, what would you like to know, Zakalwe?

It does exactly what it says on the tin.

Again, sorry if it loads slowly. A lot of the content needs optimizing. This is a prototype.

Well specifically:

What is an eZine? I might be able to deduce it, but you do not actually explain that once.

It's a sort of magazine-format publication produced online which users can freely contribute to and share information with one another.

Sort of like a fan-publication.

In that case the project seems very interesting, as long as the ability to contribute is a relatively simple affair.

We're unsure how to organize ourselves yet which is why we might ask either for a forum section or set up our own in parallel.

Contributions will probably be in the form of "Hay! Can we have X section?" sort of thing and provided someone's willing to contribute the actual writing or explain their idea then it'll all work soundly.

There's no way in hell we're having any kind of nasty bureaucratic affair.

EDIT:
I found a way to add dynamic content to the page with very little effort, defeating one of the two big weaknesses of the program and with very little work, I should be able to add a "comments" section to the site with a bit of tweaking that works.

EDIT:
I just discovered SANDRA. I don't want to step on anyone's toes since SANDRA is a primary information source which delivers information right from the GMs and this eZine would be a secondary source, debating and discussing events.

SANDRA is defenetely worth checking out though.
I've bookmarked it. So should you.

Oh look, another thing to keep going.
Then when people drop off the site, it'll be fucked too.
yay.
BTW, I still need people for carthage.

Actually, the NEWS section of the wiki sort of replaced SANDRA. Though... I admit I am surprised that Wes actually bothered to update it.

razeal, I thought I'd actually mention that the place gets really really busy in the summer break and is almost dead in the spring when people are practicing for their finals.

I've just been informed by someone that for users working with 1024x that it's about 50 pixels too wide.

Do you think it would suffer?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back