• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Starfighter info?

FM

Inactive Member
Having created a hotshot greenhorn pilot-type character, I'm rather curious as to the options available for starfighters. As far as I can tell, there aren't many. Let's see...

The Uriko torp bomber, and...well, for a Yamataian, that looks like it's about it. Am I missing something? There's a lot of power armors, but still...

I probably sound like some dumb n00b who can't find his way around the site. But you'd be half-wrong there. (Just don't guess the wrong half).

In any case, assistance would be appreciated.

For which faction? In the Star Army, fighter craft are fairly limited in favor of power armors. The Ki-V1 "Hoplite" was the Star Army's first and only variable fighter (ala Macross), but was retired when the Mindy came out. The only other fighter the Star Army of Yamatai ever used was the Ronin, which is also retired, now. So, yeah, basically all power armors for the moment.

Then again, the Ke-T4 "Fox" makes a decent fighter, if you want to call it that. But it's primarily an interstellar minivan at heart.

I'll be releasing statistics soon that summarize power armor abilities and how armors of the SARP square off against each other. If you like, I can add fighters to the list, but I can tell you right now, they won't match up against the best armors of the Star Army.

I can tell you now, the Mindy is queen, absent complete data on the Ripper.

I'm not interested into getting into a debate - it's just basically that I'm fairly confident having both would be a great advantage to the setting. Maybe it's a little brash for someone as new as me, but hey, I'm new blood. :3

Ahem... A gunship is a whole lot stronger in the SARP. ^_^;;;

It's true in the Star Army of Yamatai than fighters aren't really in use anymore except in rare exceptions (fighters could be built with the same tech base as the power suits, but even so, they are no longer any carrier ships for them *shrugs* ), but there's a good chance that the Nepleslian Star Army will use fighters over power armors.

If you want fighters, it might be the right place to look for them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back