• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Starship Operation MOS

Vesper

Inactive Member
[I know i already talked to a few of you guys through YIM, I just want a more general view on the MOS]

Im just curious as to what you is your guys' view of this profession.

My view of them is something akin to the Engineering Technician major, whose job it is to liason between engineering teams and the executives (most of which have little engineering knowledge) of a corporation.

So on a starship, they would serve in the bridge to directly monitor and manipulate the operational parameters of the ship. They would also act as a liason between the command crew and the other departments of the ship that deal with its proper operation (such as logistics, engineering, and possibly the science and medial departments).

So, thats my take on it, please say what yours is.

This was copypasta'd, but totally relevant I feel.

Operations Officer would likely oversee all that. Cheif of Operations.

That's interesting. In the Army, I always thought of Intelligence (S2) and Operations (S3) as separate sections of a command unit. My army unit's sections consisted of:
  • S1: Personnel
  • S2: Intelligence
  • S3: Operations
  • S4: Logistics
  • S6: Signal
Here's an explanation from WIkipedia of what those numbers represent:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…