• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Starting a corp.

Yawn Master

Inactive Member
I'm here for less than an hour and I already want to start a corp. I don't know if I should laugh about this or not. But if it is at all possible I'd like to adopt a system, preferably away from anything that would treaten pirates. Name the system "Edge of Chaos" or simply EoC.

As for the corp. itself I'd dub it "Boundless Creations Inc." Creating ships, weapons, and andriods(consulting the Yamatai Empire about andriod registrations etc). Catch is it's in control of the Chaos Theroy pirates, a more or less harmless organization of "gentlemen" pirates for hire doing anything if the price is right.

Side note: Art of one of BC's creations here: https://stararmy.com/starchan/starships/ ... 312508.jpg

You're welcome to start a corporation and then have it go claim a planet (or even a star system). Write it up in the Contributions and Improvements forum so it can be discussed and approved.

https://stararmy.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4045

That sounds a lot like CSEIA, actually.

The main problem with having a 'true' corporation working with pirates, however, is a significant blow to public relations. So being a profit-driven corporation would be difficult, unless you're more of a syndicate that deals primarily solely to the criminal sector. Then no worries about public relations. But then you'd hit the issue of practicality -- There are very few major criminal organizations in SARP, and hence limited market for underworld goods.

Another foreseeable problem is having your own pirate mercenary group under your belt. Mercenaries cost a lot. Unless they're some sort of honor-bound zealots, it will take a crapload of money not only to buy them, but buy their complete loyalty. You'd at least need to achieve city-state status to even consider a part-time mercenary force. Even CSEIA only actively hires mercenaries during emergency situations, otherwise they simply make 'please don't shoot us' payments.

P.S. -- Boundless Creations is already one of the schools/faculties of CSEIA. ^_^;;

Leutre Veressis said:

Boundless Creations is already one of the schools/faculties of CSEIA. ^_^;;

o_O That's unfortunate, so I'll have to think of a new name, not a problem really.

As for the pirate factor dispite the fact that yes they claim to be pirates for hire, they'll work for free on many things except assassinations, black ops, etc. And Chaos Theroy is a joined group of clans with close family ties, so the weapon yards are more of a family business with members that are gung-ho to join in fights.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back