• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Steps to reusing a character?

Imp Syndrome

Inactive Member
Here's the deal: I've been away for months, and I'm sure a lot has happened. I've been extremely busy for a long time, but I'm starting to get my free time back, and I really want to come back to the Star Army. Wes gave me the OK to start up my old character again, but I'm unsure how I should go about doing so. Should I resubmit his profile for approval or just edit it to account for my inactivity and make a new request for orders? Suggestions would be much appreciated.

Well the first question would be, is the plot that the character in still active?

If so you should probably contact the GM and see how they want to handle the character's absence. I do not believe you would need to 'resubmit' the character because of the absence.

If the plot is not active, then its fairly easy, and you should be able to just put in a request for orders.

Ah, gotcha. Well, Joey (my character) was stationed on the YSS Celia, but it was decomissioned, so I guess I should put in a request for orders. What bugs me, though, is that I feel like there should be an explanation for my absence and Joey's downtime. Should I bother explaining that, or should I just leave it as is?

If you want, when you find your new plot, you can do a little flashback/remembering in your introduction post. Then you can mention whatever his absence was about: family member died, got reassigned suddenly, was injured when his toothbrush exploded while using it and thus was in the hospital for months of recovery, etc etc etc.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back