• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Stranger In a Strange Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ira

Ser Spit
Inactive Member
The months on Yamatai had been something of a change for Sura. This world was by her reasoning beautiful. The gleaming city buildings reached up to the sky. Clean roads, lovely green grass, birds chirping. Even the smell of this world did not repulse her as Nepleslia did. The chaos of Nepleslia was a stark contrast to that of Yamatai. Here there was order. Here there was a plan.

Which of course was Sura's issue with Yamatai. The world was ridged, the culture...not built to accommodate outsiders--though they tried. She remembered last week she was in class, and the teacher asked her "Miss Sura, could you please sit up? Oh, I apologize. I forget you are sitting up, it is just your size." Sura grimaced at the mistake, but held her tongue. That was Yamatai. The Nepleslians were all too happy to point out her alienness, but here it was much quieter. The xenophobia was some what more apparent, but at the same time she could not fault the Yamatians. While being different did mean she had to eat alone during lunch break, the Yamatain students did their best to accommodate Sura at every turn. One young man actually conversed with her in the Sharan dialect---a bit poorly.

This however was her home now, and Sura preferred it to life on Gartaga, and Nepleslia. Her feet touched down on the grass as she walked home. It was a sunny afternoon, with the daily hustle and bustle of the city and she was heading back to her father's apartment to attend to her chores and home work, when she saw A Yamataian man eyeing up the Container pod that was sitting in their Apartment's parking space.

"This is not a car. Why is it here in the parking lot?" The man sneered as he paced around the 12 foot tall Blue cylinder.

"The parking lot is for car's only." His wife agreed. "Maybe we can get it removed so this eye sore isn't obscuring out view?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back