• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Stuff's looking smooth!

Doshii Jun

Perpetual player
Retired Staff
I like the new rotating banner! Very classy. Looks good.

But something's missing ... art from other people! Leutre and Nyuki have done excellent work, and it would be cool to feature them as well! Perhaps the lovely Druidess and the Great Lighthouse in the background? Tom's yaoi-tastic portrait, along with sharp-looking Masako, with the Miharu in the background? We've already got Nyton up there, after all.

And what happened to Midori? She and Elisa out to be more visible!

Also -- NICE spellchecker feature. Rock.

Yeah, we could use some more non-Star Army of Yamatai pics.

Some art I didn't use because it didn't seem to fit in - but I would definately like to have more. The main problem right now is a lack of art that's not YSE.

If anyone wants to contribute some designs, the banners are 750x125 jpegs. The background color is #000040. Save with the highest quality/lowest compression and make sure to leave a dark area on the right so the user tools links can be read.

I'd love to see what you guys can come up with.

I think Leutre's and Nyuki's art fits in well! Simply because it doesn't fit against Zairyo's style doesn't mean it wouldn't work -- just don't mix artists.

Wes, the one starring the Hanako close-up clashes a lot with the others for its lack of background picture. It's just... black.

Yeah, but it's beautiful. ^_^

My opinion differ: the picture itself (Valhammer's art) is pretty enough, but as a header, the lack of background like the other header pictures hurts it. Even the pic with the three nepleslian guys look better for that purpose.

Which reminds me: the header I like the best so far is the one with Toshiro and the Yggdrasil.

All I have to say about the close up of Hanako, is that it looks like her left breast comes out of the center of her chest, and about three inches above the other breast. It's kinda creepy in a salvadore dali meets picaso sort of way.

Mind you, these are just my thoughts. Most other people will be happy with the overly busty theme going on...Just had to toss in my two cents.

I don't know, I think it looks natural enough to me.

You know, once Wes starts liking something, he's always like that.

I don't know how many times I saw him say "It looks okay to me," in his typical, innocent fashion.

Though, I do get Wolfman's point. It's the way the panel is drawn (how one line meets with the curvature of one of Hanako's breasts) that lends weight to the impression he has.

It's...uh...cinematic.

Actually, no self respecting cameraman or photograph would settle for a shot which cut off the head like that or in any other fashion; except to make a direct close up to the face (and only the face/head), it is not done.

My opinion though: even if some of Wes arranged pictures don't suit my tastes... it's still his site and his pictures (seeing he paid for them for the most part, I believe), so, he can arrange them as he likes.

I mean, Wes is making changeable forum headers. We didn't have that before, so, who are we to complain about an improvement of the site ~_^

I don't have that much space to work with (I don't want the header to be huge) and I want to get maximum detail in there.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…