• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Styrling Dart

Overall it looks good but I see three issues.

1) No PDR listed.

2) I am not a expert with firearms (I will leave that to Doshi) but with that kind of ROF in such a small package I would think the recoil would hideous even with a 'small' round.

3) .5 DA/ bullet seems pretty high. For example, these sell for $0.25/bullet. However, I would be the first to admit I do not know a whole lot about bullet quality and prices so I may very well be wrong on this one, it just seems expensive.

That is all,
Vesper

Overall it looks good but I see three issues.

1) No PDR listed.

Added

2) I am not a expert with firearms (I will leave that to Doshi) but with that kind of ROF in such a small package I would think the recoil would hideous even with a 'small' round.

There is a folded skeleton stock for stability. The recoil can be remedied with proper stance or ignored completely. This is a cheap gun that isn't meant to be very high-end.

3) .5 DA/ bullet seems pretty high. For example, these sell for $0.25/bullet. However, I would be the first to admit I do not know a whole lot about bullet quality and prices so I may very well be wrong on this one, it just seems expensive.

That's our moneymaker for this weapon. The high ROF forces owners to spend more money on ammunition, or to just buy another gun that comes with ammo.

That is all,
Vesper

Nomenclature Information

Designer: Don John
Manufacturer: NAM
Name: Styrling Dart
Type: Submachine Gun
Role: CQB/Home Defense Gun.
Length:11.5 inches, 20.5 inches with stock extended.
Barrel Length: 3 inches.
Weight: 3.5 ilbs
ROF: 1150 Rounds/min

Might be a mistake, or Styrling really does outsource its manufacturing.

Could be an interesting quirk if this gun fires only in full auto :D . Just a suggestion.

Random fact: This gun is about 50% cheaper than the ESG, which is not a problem.

NAM issue fixed.

Ammo cheapened due to the advice of a very wise, very bald man.

It's not Doshii, and you're paranoid for thinking it's you, sir.

This review is for: Styrling Dart

The submitted article is/has…
[+] A general topic sentence under the title header
[+] Artwork (illustrations are strongly encouraged for all spacecraft and handheld items)
[+] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[+] In the proper format/template
[+] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[+] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[+] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link)
[+] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[+] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[-] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay)
[-] Obtusely redundant
[-] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[-] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[-] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[-] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[-] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[-] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[-] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[-]Lacking Detail

The article has…
[N/A] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[+] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines
[-] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[+] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
One item on the checklist is not satisfied and will hold up approval.
** Year of manufacture not given.

Notes
As said, the ammo price seems expensive but that is a problem for the buyer, not with the weapon itself.

That is all,
Vesper

RPG-D RPGfix
Back