• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Styrling Longbow

Koenig808

Inactive Member
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=st ... ng_longbow

A few points to clarify.

1. Why this action?

The rolling block action is an inherently sturdy and accurate action, in most cases making it even more accurate and sturdy than a bolt action rifle. The only drawback is that it sacrifices ammo capacity for excellent accuracy and durability.

2. Why so many cartridges?

IRL sporting rifles come in a dizzying array of cartridges. This is because of shooter preferences (regarding recoil, how they like their bullet trajectories, etc.) This rifle comes in a small caliber, a medium magnum cartridge, and a heavy cartridge to satisfy three different groups of shooters: Shooters who desire a small cartridge to have fun with that's still flat-shooting, Shooters who desire a magnum cartridge for long-range shooting, and Shooters who desire a heavy cartridge for the novelty of it and for the utter power behind it.

3. Why different DR values for each caliber?

I based the DR values of each cartridge on what type of game each cartridge is suitable for. The smaller caliber has a DR of 2 because of the fact that it is considered a small-sized round for varmint hunting (coyotes, squirrels, small game, etc.) The medium caliber has a DR of 3 because it is used to take larger game (deer, pigs, two-legged animals, etc.) The heaviest caliber has a DR of 4 because it can be used to take larger game.

4. What are "wildcat" cartridges?

Wildcat cartridges are pretty much cartridges that can be considered "non-standard", that is, the popular .30-06 (used in the M1 Garand, etc) is a standard cartridge you can buy. A wildcat would be taking the head of a Mauser 98 bullet (8mm) and putting it in the case of the .30-06 round used in the M1 Garand. This can be done in the backyard and sheds of several gun owners with reloading equipment.

Kampf and I have already had a brief discussion, and I can safely say I have no objections.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back