• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Styrling Shot 12

Koenig808 said:
I tried uploading the image as a .png, but the image uploader did not allow it.
Are you sure you weren't trying BMP? Almost everything I upload to the wiki is PNG format so I know it'll work.

Anyway, I was looking at the art and am wondering how the pump action works. Normally, don't you pull the forward part back? This gun doesn't seem to have room to do that, though.

*blinks*

*blinks again*

Holy screaming sheepshit. How did I not see that about the pump action? I was too into the gun; I looked at it and thought, "Wow ... something wrong with it, but it's TOO COOL TO CARE ABOUT!"

I fail.

WOW, I'm the biggest genius ever. Uploaded the picture as a .png. I tried typing the filename as (filename).png, instead of selecting that option from the drop-down menu. Whoops.

Anyway, artwork updated to have a longer length to allow it to cycle properly. And the forward-back motion was to also give it a "comfortable" feel, since while holding it with a shell chambered, you won't have your arm extended out so far.

I did the math on your shotgun's capacity.

310 pix = 19-inch barrel.
16.78 pix = 1 inch for this gun.

268 pix = 16-inch mag tube.
ASSUME 2.25-inch mag spring when fully compressed.
13.75-inch capacity for shells, max.

That means you can exactly five 2.75-inch shells. If you go up to 3" shells, you lose a round. 3.5" shells, two rounds lost.

... That just FEELS like a low magazine capacity. Maybe the spring's too long when compressed.

If we compress it down to 1.5 inches ...

14.50-inch capacity for shells. Still only five 2.75 shells, still four 3 shells, BUT! You do get a 4th shell for the 3.5 shells.

So I'd say five, four, four is fair. It's still low, but hey, what the hell.

Then approve it, lol.

Approved.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…