• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Subject: Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerilictPrime

Inactive Member
Hello, Hi, Hola, Sup? I'm DerilictPrime, but just Derilict or just Prime would be fine. I'v heard that this is an exciting journey through space with laughs and excitement, so i'm excited to be here for this awesome space fantasy with laughs and excitement! If I seem a bit too excited about this, it's because I was raised this way- i'm actually kinda introverted. :|

I hope that first paragraph didn't cause me to start off with any new enemies, that would be terrible. I'm giddy with the idea of joining this new site with fresh people and new ideas, and I look forward to enjoying stories with whoever will take me in!

On to experience, I have been roleplaying for approximately three years now off-and-on. I have a guilty habit of making posts that lack an emotional standpoint, and usually write in third person. I try to be grammatically correct for the most part I seem to have a habit of writing long and over detailed posts, even for introductions. (Please forgive me, please.)

I hope to have some form of character arranged for the good of mankind soon, and all the anxiety of joining this new and mysterious land will be far behind me. The only problem is there is a lot of ground to cover, and I want to be 110% accurate before anything happens. This is pretty much all I have to say for now, see you in the forums!

Welcome to the RP. If you have any questions about creating a character or getting into the major play zones, anybody with a blue, green, or yellow name can help! Look forward to seeing the stories you'll tell.

Thanks for the advice! I'm going to sorta-kinda sit in the back of IRC to see what I can see, and i'll probably have some questions sooner or later that would need answering.

Mm.

Feel free to ask them either here or in the IRC. There is a fair chance they'll be immediately answered in the IRC, though!

Yo, fellow n00b!

I just joined less than a week ago and I'm still digging up gold in the Settings Info. Don't be afraid to talk to... er, uh, don't be afraid to ask people questions - they're seriously awesome for getting you started. ^_^

Alright, done getting ready! Phew. I'm up to speed with all I need, but I still need to find a plot or group to join before I create a character- context wise... There's so many options!

Myeh... My decision on which to join will affect my entire session here; anxiety is terrible.

To be fair, lots of GMs will let you make NPCs if you just want to get a flavor for RP in a few different places at once: It'd let you get a good sense of whats going on in the setting in lots of different places.

If you decide you like playing one in particular, you could graduate them into a full blown character.

I suggest you look up plots and talk to different GMs, in PM or online and ask about this. Keep in mind, the pacing of many plots is quite sporadic.

If you want to be occupied constantly, you have two options:
  • Join a small fast-paced plot, doing roleplay with a small number of the same people who are around a lot...
  • Join up to three regularly paced plots, participating in all three as separate characters, or "versions" of the same, if you can fudge it in your character write-up.

Welcome and have fun, okay?

Your best bet, honestly? Get on the IRC and start asking questions. People love having a new guy around and revealing all the cool stuff that happens here. Dat sense of wonder. You'll never get it back, you know? *cackle*

Srsly though. Welcome aboard :3

OsakanOne said:
To be fair, lots of GMs will let you make NPCs if you just want to get a flavor for RP in a few different places at once: It'd let you get a good sense of whats going on in the setting in lots of different places.

If you decide you like playing one in particular, you could graduate them into a full blown character.

I suggest you look up plots and talk to different GMs, in PM or online and ask about this. Keep in mind, the pacing of many plots is quite sporadic.

If you want to be occupied constantly, you have two options:
  • Join a small fast-paced plot, doing roleplay with a small number of the same people who are around a lot...
  • Join up to three regularly paced plots, participating in all three as separate characters, or "versions" of the same, if you can fudge it in your character write-up.

Welcome and have fun, okay?

Your best bet, honestly? Get on the IRC and start asking questions. People love having a new guy around and revealing all the cool stuff that happens here. Dat sense of wonder. You'll never get it back, you know? *cackle*

Srsly though. Welcome aboard :3

Thanks for the advice! I'm looking around for any interesting stories, IRC didn't help much- it was probably just the time I got on though. This place seems really cool, i'm already psyched about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back