• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Submissions?

Drakconus

Inactive Member
All right I need some clarification on submitting new things.

I was told (and I read somewhere) that new members should wait 3 months before submitting new stuff. My question for this is, is there anything that we are required to do in those three months?

Welcome to SARP.

Well, the main thing would would like you to do is roleplay. Join one of the faction, make a character, and guide your character through one of the plot ships of said faction.

Three months would surely pass quickly.

Oh its not about passing the time (my classes take care of that lol ) but the whole point of the three month period was so that new members could see how things are done in here or so I was told.

And about just creating a character, I have never done this before.

Not only that, but the process of creating a character can help you find a focus in your research into the setting. Checking out the factions to see which one catches your interest can lead to focusing in on one or another out of curiosity, then that can go to learning its history, systems, ships, and culture in order to determine what your character's past and experiences are. Without a focus, this place -- the wiki in particular -- can be quite overwhelming ^_^;

The restriction on submissions applies mostly to technology and race submissions because new players usually haven't gotten a good handle of what the roleplay environment and setting are like yet, which is another thing that a character can help with. Abwehran Commander was right, playing a char can make the time go by quickly (even if you don't need it to!), but it also lets you gather your own information on the setting through a slightly more direct experience than reading the wiki. Roleplay-induced research can help you find things about the setting you may not have found on your own.

Btw, welcome to SARP! I'm MissingNo, and I do stuff here : )

Well I don't think that there is any plots going right now that need a mad scientist/inventor style character, so far all I have seen the need for is soldiers for the current war.

Not that their isn't anything wrong with that (this is a military sci-fi RP after all) but seeing as I have 0% experience with military RP I would like to start off with something I know.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back