Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Suggestions for the Site Banners

Luca

The Ultimate Badass
🎖️ Game Master
Inactive Member
Hi @Wes, I like what you've done with putting banners back on the front page to add some eye candy, but I have a concern regarding the - well, currentness of the Independent faction banner. The player character depicted (Yuki Toshiro) has not been active for quite a long time. While Yuki may have been the instigator for the ideas regarding Independent plots with the SRSS Yggdrasil, the plot and character have been inactive for a very long time.

May I suggest an alternate banner with the the following player characters in the lineup:
I feel these characters represent the current situation and makeup of the independent plots better. As for what Space Ship to interpose into the background, you can use one or more of the modified Geshrinari Light Freighters you have on this page. It'd be a good use for the artwork.

In addition, I would like to make an update to the current Lorath banner, but I am waiting on art from other players to come by. I will post my suggestions in another post, once the relevant art comes through.

If people want to attach suggested replacement images here in this thread, I'd definitely consider using them instead.

Here are the images of the Freighters:

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

fetch.php

And this is Echelon.

fetch.php

Image updated!

Huh, its one of my aborted Akatsuki Maru plotship renders. Hehehe.

You guys keep resurrecting my abandoned artwork for all these banners :p First that embarrassingly lame lorath character drawing, and now this ship.

Ah well, at least the ship didn't come out too bad. It's supposed to be a modified Origin Courier 2C model freighter. Still not sure If I'm going to retry starting an independent plotship with those images sometime in the future -- I'd rather not waste the effort I put into making the artwork -- but unfortunately I don't have the kind of free time I would need for that sort of thing right now. ^_^;

Last edited:
Yeah, we could really use some updated Lorath art.

I was hoping to use something that included Lorath uniforms or something more distinctively Lorath, and newer. That image is almost 9 years old.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back