• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Survival bag

Don't know much of the tech stuff, but I'll go ahead and pop in.

First off, in the contents, "Sugar-Surgars". Is that second word intentionally misspelled?

Only one other thing, and that's the strobe light. Is there any way to turn it off? If you can't, how long does it last? I'm just thinking, part of survival is only being found by the people you want to find you, and a big bright strobe light is not the best way to hide from the bad guys.

Spelling fixed, also added that the strobe can be turned off by twisting the top as well.

The bag is constructed to be airtight, having an additional airtight plastic steal under the zipper that must be torn open to get access to the gear inside.

Minor typo here?

Tea Bags (x10)

Very British, I approve. (Tea time happens on time, Every Time.)

One thing that bothers me is the sheer amount of stuff in this grab-bag, I'm not sure the best freight packers in the world (the Chinese (of course)) could be able to pull this off. Consider dispensing with some of the individual kit, I'm sure the four of them can share the DataJockey in desperation.

Also, some of the items listed here seems to be unapproved, or simply lack any dimensions in their articles. How the hell did you fit a pry, four gasmasks, three guns (plus multiple reloads) and a litre of industrial alcohol in there anyway?

I guess I should come up with dimensions for the bag, but basically it is a really big bag. When worn on your back, you aren't going to be carrying much else. Its intended to just be tossed out of the ship/whatever during an emergency and then the necessary supplies can be sorted out.

Fortunately the gas masks stack pretty well and most of the space is indeed taken up by the meditech kits and the liquids. The other items are fairly small (or flat) so fitting them in shouldn't be too hard.

As for the unapproved item, thanks for pointing that out. The ITD was approved I just never took the unapproved sticker off the wikipage.

And as for the x4 datajockeys, having four and being able to communicate to each other is the idea. When someone eventually (and inevitably) wanders off to get attacked by the horror movie monster they'll be able to either find their way back or be found if they are carrying the datajockey.

Typo fixed.

Just one more thing, might want to add a weight, doesn't have to be dead accurate, but enough to know how a character should act when hoisting one of these things. I doubt you'd be able to sling it over your shoulder easily (well the humans anyway).

Shouldn't this article at least mention the existing Nepleslian survival kit?

No real reason to, I didn't even know we had one. I'll go ahead and add the old kit to the military equipment page.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…