• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Sutafaia "Star Fire" shell

HarperMadi

🎨 Media Gallery
Submission Type: Ammunition (50mm railgun shell)
Submission URL: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wip:faction:uso:skyguard:sutafaia_fusion_shell

Faction: USO/ Section 6
FM Approved Yet? Yes (Edited)
Faction requires art? Not for this device, far as I know.

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Yes, links back to the tank that fires it. Article is not complete, but the round is deployable in any railgun or coilgun of 50 mm caliber.
Contains New Art? no
Previously Submitted? no

Notes: A simple thermonuclear tipped railgun shell armed by electromagnetic forces inherent in rail and coilgun technologies, and detonated by impact resistance.

@Jack Pine @Zack

Last edited:
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Alright, I'm sorry if this took a bit longer than expected;
  • Start out with a brief description of what this is in a nutshell. I think you should just say it's a nuclear railgun round or something along those lines, then transition into what you already have there regarding it's construction/composition
  • Remove the specified amount of deuterium fuel, since if someone ever does the math, it'll drive them insane
  • Double check the size and caliber; they don't seem to match
  • Make sure to link the damage rating to the actual DR page; [[guide:damage_rating_v3|Tier 9]]
  • Regarding the range, include km as well
  • Describe the muzzle blast instead. Stuff like color, shape, size, all in brief

Rearranged the breif paragraph to show the name and nuclear tip first, followed by design history, and finally shell construction and main uses.

If anyone does the math, they'll find it to be accurate.

My assumption on the 5mm varience between caliber and shell width was based on a discarding sabot. Due to this not being an implication, this has been fixed.

DRv3 page has been corrected, as have all other hard numbers

I also added approximate range from the detonation point to nonlethality for an unprotected human.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back