• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

T2 Shuttle

This review is for: Na-T2 Shuttle

The submitted article is/has…
[X] A general topic sentence under the title header
[X] Artwork (illustrations are strongly encouraged for all spacecraft and handheld items)
[X] Needed and/or useful to the setting
[ ] In the proper format/template Does not follow starship stats template
[X] Proofread for spelling and grammar
[X] Easy to read and understand (not a lengthy mass of technobabble)
[ ] Wikified (terms that could be a link should be a link) About section needs wikification
[X] No red and/or broken links
[X] Reasonably scientifically plausible
[X] Reasonably neutral point of view

The submitted article is/does not…
[ ] Overpowered (or cutting tech for a faction with little or no roleplay) Anti-FTL field on a shuttle?
[X] Obtusely redundant
[X] Contain copy pasta descriptions of systems or interior compartments
[X] Unauthorized by faction managers or player-controlled corporation
[X] Contain references to IC events that have not occurred (SM must authorize retcons)
[X] Use second-person language (“you” or “your”) unless it is an instructional guide aimed at players.
[X] Use bombastic language (“virtually immune,” “nearly indestructible,” “insanely powerful,” “horrible effects”)
[X] Use an unbalanced header/text ratio (many headers but sections are one-liners)
[X] Use major unapproved sub-articles that should be submitted separately
[X] Lacking Detail
[X] Images hosted on sites other than stararmy.com (Photobucket, Imageshack, etc are not allowed)

The article has…
[X] Speeds in compliance with the Starship Speed Standard, if applicable
[ ] Damage Capacity and Damage Ratings in compliance with the DR Guidelines PDA 35?
[X] The in-character year of creation/manufacture. (Should be current year. Future years not allowed).
[X] The Standard Product Nomenclature System, if applicable.

Summary
1. See issues and notes listed above in the checklist.
2. How does this thing possibly fit 20 C3 engines?
3. This would be the first shuttle of have anti-FTL field capability, as far as I know and I'm not sure it's a good precedent to set.
4. Image background color does no match wiki background color. Not a major thing, but it'd be nice if it were fixed.
5. Refit Cycle: "once a month" Isn't that excessive?

I intend to finish this review by: May 1, 2010

I have to agree with wes on this.

Not only do I have no idea what PDA is, giving a shuttle scale vehicle 35 SP seems overpowered and silly, especially when you've given it 20 engines that you use on your cruiser line, and interdiction systems.

I do NOT RECOMMEND this for approval.

CDD on a shuttle has precedents:
- Kitty T2 Stealth Aeroshuttle
- Lion T3 Transport Shuttle
- Fox T4 Combat Aeroshuttle
- Ke-T6-1a ‘Panther’ Aeroshuttle

Other SAoY shuttles use either CFS or Hyperdrive or both.

So the shuttle having CDD isn't unreasonable.

Nepleslia doesn't seem the type of military power to have Shuttles with CDD

Fiver said:
Nepleslia doesn't seem the type of military power to have Shuttles with CDD

Just FYI, we don't have any 'made in Nepleslia' shuttles at all. Up to now we have been using old Yamataian models which, Nashoba has pointed out, are equipped with CDD. I would like the shuttle to replace those to have at least the same level of functionality.

Anti-FTL on a shuttle might be overkill though, I would like Uso to explain.

I would think the main point would be so the shuttle could counter Interdiction fields trying to stop the shuttle from going FTL. The two components are included together in most systems. Perhaps a limited effect component could be made for a shuttle that would allow it to create just enough of a field so it could stop Interdiction fields from affecting it, but not strong enough that it can make an Interdiction field that will affect other ships.

Reformatted the main article.

Added two stubs:
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ne ... a-t2-p3200
https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ne ... a-t2-e3200

Fixed PDA to be ADR (aggressive auto correct) and dropped total SP down to 25

The background of the images has been color corrected (finally got things set up to where I can do that easily. The colors being off shouldn’t happen in any more of my submissions)

I also never really know what to put for refit cycle so I guessed on the short end as I considered this to be one of those craft that gets a lot stress from flying up and down from orbit. The refit cycle value has been changed to 5 months.

As for Anti-FTL: The only thing this shuttle really needs to do is get from point A to point B and drop off some doods. The way I see it this would involve not getting stopped and outrunning anything chasing you. With the current interdiction system I have on the T2 (na-t2-e3200) the shuttle could get out of a single interdiction field or use it to outrun a single chasing craft but outside of that it would get overwhelmed easily without support. Because we wanted this to be an unarmed craft, adding interdiction seemed like a good way to give it something it can actively do to help get where it is going. This is why I wanted to include it but if it is an issue it can be easily removed (Though I’d have to change the 3d model and make new pictures :_( )

As for the engines, it is well established that tech stubs can be scaled to fit on other ships and in this case the engines are scaled way down, some are small enough you can't really see them on the model while the others show up a bit better (the gray nozzles on the front underside and on the back of the model). I wrote a new engine tech stub to better explain exactly what is being done here.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ne ... a-t2-e3200

This stub needs to be "wiki-fied" by turning the items mentioned (eg highground and the shuttle. In general, child articles should always link back to the parent article.

The shuttle is APPROVED after that's fixed.

No, But we did use the name on SARP first, and when several things have the same name it just annoys and confuses Wiki users.

No need to get so miffed about it, we were just making sure you knew that the name you wanted to use had already been taken by another product.

Well this would show up on the Nepleslain technology and star ship classes page as the Na-T2 'Fatboy', and will be under a difference namespace so OOCly I'm fine.

ICly, there aren't any intellectual property laws that would get in the way of nicknaming this whatever we decide. So I'm good on that front too.

So thank you for letting me know that there is something else called the fatboy, but it will work fine as a nickname for something that is officially named the Na-T2 if we decide to use it.

Article APPROVED.

If you do give it a nickname, a non-duplicate nickname would be preferable.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…