• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

[TC] Te-G5 Adante Keyboard

Nashoba

SARPaholic & Admin
Retired Staff
Inactive Member
Convention Veteran
Submission Type: Synthesizer
Submission URL: Te-G5 Adante Keyboard

Faction: Yamatai
FM Approved Yet? No

For Reviewers:
Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? Nope
Previously Submitted? Nop

Notes:
The first new product for the Taichimora Entertainment Technologies (TET) holding of Tamahagane Corp.

It needs the in-character year of manufacture. I'm pretty impressed this was created in DOGA. there's a lot of parts in there!

That's been added. I had fun making all the doga bits

I realize this is extremely late, but it seems like the submission totally slipped past QA due to the art and the fact the item itself has trivial game impact.

Why does it have a quantum computer and what exactly does quantum computing do to make it sound better and easier to use? ICly, quantum computers generally are not consumer goods and were supposed to be the realm of military-grade electronics, I would have thought.

This is really out there, I have to say.

Its really great that we got a nice looking electric piano now, but, I just have to sit there and think about what's happening here. A quantum computer. In an electric keyboard. I can only compare it to using an aether cannon to kill a fly, or perhaps a zesuaium katana to peel and chop potatoes. My mind is blown, and perhapsnot in a good way.

Especially in regards to the low, low price of six hundred and fifty Kikyou Satsu! (tax not included)

Yamatai has quantum computers all over the place. Every data pad in the Star Army has one. They're in communicators (cellphones), etc. It's just the ubiquitous type of computer that Yamatai uses in general, for everything.

For a KEYBOARD though, Wes? That's like putting a supercomputer in your calculator. I agree entirely, the quantum computer comes off as total overkill.

That makes some sense... although I'm not exactly sure what the net benefits of outfitting a laptop with near-unlimited computing potential, but trivializing the cost to that extent seems like a bit much.

The Isolated Computer Pad costs 1800 KS and is produced by Kessaku Electronics, which is the frontier computer engineering firm in the YSE and has access to Ketsurui Zaibatsu's immense resources. This keyboard is a piece of civilian hardware, costs something slightly more than a third of the price and is produced by TET, a company that produces consumer electronics for the market.

There's a clear inconsistency with regards to this, especially with that price point, and something needs to give. Either the keyboard processor isn't a quantum-based, or it's actually much more expensive for it to come across as lore-friendly.

Some quantum computers are more sophisticated than others. This one: not so much. Remember: Quantum computers are a TYPE of computer not a speed class of computer. They're more powerful than our modern ones, but everything is more powerful in the SARPiverse.

It's still ridiculously advanced technology for something that needs pretty much no computer at all. Modern keyboards could perform on the same level, the only difference is in how sound is transmitted, which has nothing to do with the processor.

We're starting to make quantum computers in the present day. And SARP is far beyond the present day. It's entirely plausible that quantum computers are the main computer type in the SARPiverse (at least in Yamatai) and that because of that, they're everywhere, from microwaves to sneakers to mundane keyboards.

CadetNewb said:
SARP never ceases to surprise. XD

It's a possibility, one I didn't find a problem with which was why I didn't make a post about it when I looked at this article when it was up for approval.

With the current year date for this universe, it's plausible that Quantum Computers are in fact highly advanced and can be used in practically any system or application.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…