• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Tech!

Ira

Ser Spit
Inactive Member
I have been brainstorming a few things with my Gargles( Yes it has been a while, long story. but I am back.)

I was just looking for technology ideas, to add something different, or at least to do something unique. I was manly wondering what people would like to see.

Ooooh! Civilian knick-knacks and doodads! There aren't many of those yet.

Yeah. That was kinda stupid, but I still stand by it.

Come to think of it, there aren't many weapon-like items that serve a purpose besides violence in this universe. Such as what Shotjon suggested.

Ooooh! Smoke bombs! Ninja style! Or just novelty items in general. . . You could start a company that supplies novelties in SARP!

I think he wants Tech ideas for his Gartegan race, and wants Ideas to make them unique compared to other races on the SARP.

Whoops. . . I misunderstood. Well, you could try a more biomechanical race that relies on psionics. Oh. Wait. (NMX, Polaris. . . .)

How about a highly psionic race in general that makes its ships out of psychic energy?

At Moogle

I have not really touched on psychics with the Gartagens, that is something I will ask for later, needless to say psychics would be a tiny minority.

Random doodads and effects. I mean not a bad idea but considering this is a military RP weapons and armor are kind of priority. Though you may be right, random stuff is a must have for any race or society.

All the weapon archetypes have been done, you have to either think out of the box or make a race that isn't based on conventional weaponry.

It was the reason I was working on an Organic race, rather than something technological (though I suck at making tech)

Not that having a new race with conventional weaponry is bad, especially since new races would have to start with basic stuff anyway. Though it largely depends on the society your race is.

Note to self, don't be Settings Mod, I'm way too picky.

Letsee what we have already in the major races (According to what I can get at first glance - obviously not 100% accurate):

Yamatians: Japanese empire
Nekovalkryja: lithe super-soldiers
Neplsesians: Industrialistic
ID-Sol: Hulking super-soldiers
Elysians: A rather religious and angelic patriarchy
Lorath: Biotech and the like
Freespacer: Open Source techies
Aberwan: Explorers?
Iromakuanhe: Species with symbiotes
Lorath: City states/guilds?
Tarkian: Super emotions?
Kohanians: Clan-based society furs
Mishu+Neomishu: I trust this needs no explaination
Sourcian: Um. . . . yeah.

In other news, I suck at compactly compiling things.

Well I can link the Gartagen files to you if you wish.

But to sum it up, physically they are not very impressive.

They stand between four and a half to five and a half feet tall.

The society is a loose hierarchy.

The racial attitude is aggressive yet dynamic.

The technology I was origionally going to use was not unique at all, but their actually biology is quite unique.

From a brief reading of your stuff, and a picture that was helpful since I couldn't imagine them being humanoid from just the psiology, basically they are snake people, a little Arab and spartan mixed in.

And actually one of the few races here on SARP that men are actually taller than woman, assuming if it was accepted of course.

I haven't submitted them yet, I still have kinks to work out.

But in a nut shell yes, except they are not reptilian.

How about most of their weaponry be sound-based? That's plenty unique. Although, you'd probably need one helluva context excuse to do that.

Sound would not work in outer space. I'm actually contemplating a variation on M.A. Technology, fusion based weapons.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back