• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Teleportation Perks & Telecast Support Vessels

Wes

Founder & Admin
Staff Member
🌸 FM of Yamatai
🎖️ Game Master
🎨 Media Gallery
Now that the teleporter chambers and teleporters are starting to become more common, there's new ways to fight available to player characters, and I figured we should have a discussion on how we could do that in the Star Army.

The biggest advantage is now you can bring stuff with you and it could be "cast" from your character's ship like a summon spell, provided you have a teleporter receiver pad or some sort of locator for the thing (or it could just send it and hope).

What are characters going to summon?
  • Command: Crew members
  • Engineers: Tool kits, Sentry guns, portable cover/fortifications (e.g. a shielded expanding Zesuaium wall)
  • Medics: Hemosynth resupply packs, medical kits, litters, extra field medics
  • Infantry: Ammo, explosives, infantry reinforcements - think Helldivers tactics
  • Supply: Vehicles, crates, rations
  • Cooks: 6-foot sub sandwiches, 5 gallon pots of chili
You could have a new type a support ship that's basically a bunch of teleporters with commonly requested teleporter packages on it.

And my mind immediately goes to Dust 514 and their spawn uplink beacons (I forget the technical name for them). You plop it wherever like a Rixxikor and out comes squadmates reconstituted after their deaths.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back