• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Testing testing... Is this thing on?

Anno nano

Heyo, i'm Anno, nice to meet'cha! I'm 24, go by any/all and am currently based in the UK, working a desk job in a utilities company. Been rp'ing for 8 years now, give or take, with a mix of tabletop rpgs alongside more freeform stuff on forums and discord servers. I've sat on both sides of the screen so to speak, so would like to think i'm plenty experienced, in fact i'm currently running imperium maledictum for my friends and have previously ran dnd and my guilty pleasure system, straight to vhs. One day I'll manage to wrangle people to play lancer because it looks very cool but my friends aren't into mecha, one day....

In terms of themes in rp, I adore sci-fi (the reason i'm here lol). Space battleship yamato is one of my favourite pieces of media, alongside other sci-fi giants like star wars and gundam; so character drama, romance, war stories, angst and huge over the top awesome moments are all high on my list of things I love in rp. I tend to prefer longer, plot focused rp's with planning put into them, although of course a more spontaneous off the cuff rp can really work for building relationships between characters within one of those grander plot focused rps.

For my own characters, I tend to write female characters. Although it's not something i'm married to, just what I prefer and I absolutely do enjoy playing nb and male characters when I think it'd work well.

Uhh, as for other things about me? I enjoy all kinds of video games (despite being very bad at them), reading, ttrpgs, board games and painting minis. Very very nerdy I know.

Anyway, a pleasure to meet you all! Hope to see some of you in an rp soon ^^

Heyo, i'm Anno, nice to meet'cha! I'm 24, go by any/all and am currently based in the UK, working a desk job in a utilities company. Been rp'ing for 8 years now, give or take, with a mix of tabletop rpgs alongside more freeform stuff on forums and discord servers. I've sat on both sides of the screen so to speak, so would like to think i'm plenty experienced, in fact i'm currently running imperium maledictum for my friends and have previously ran dnd and my guilty pleasure system, straight to vhs. One day I'll manage to wrangle people to play lancer because it looks very cool but my friends aren't into mecha, one day....

In terms of themes in rp, I adore sci-fi (the reason i'm here lol). Space battleship yamato is one of my favourite pieces of media, alongside other sci-fi giants like star wars and gundam; so character drama, romance, war stories, angst and huge over the top awesome moments are all high on my list of things I love in rp. I tend to prefer longer, plot focused rp's with planning put into them, although of course a more spontaneous off the cuff rp can really work for building relationships between characters within one of those grander plot focused rps.

For my own characters, I tend to write female characters. Although it's not something i'm married to, just what I prefer and I absolutely do enjoy playing nb and male characters when I think it'd work well.

Uhh, as for other things about me? I enjoy all kinds of video games (despite being very bad at them), reading, ttrpgs, board games and painting minis. Very very nerdy I know.

Anyway, a pleasure to meet you all! Hope to see some of you in an rp soon ^^
Hello Anno! Nice to meet you too! It sounds like you have quite a bit of experience in the RP world, which is awesome. I'm sure you'll fit right in here. You're basically a perfect fit.

Sci-fi is a fantastic genre, and it's great to hear that you're a fan of Space Battleship Yamato, Star Wars, and Gundam. Those are all wonderful pieces of media to draw inspiration from. I can understand your love for character drama, romance, and big, over-the-top moments – they can really make an RP memorable. The nation of Yamatai here is VERY along the lines of those media as well as Martian Successor Nadesico, Star Trek, and Macross.

Planning and longer, plot-focused RP's can be very satisfying, but sometimes, a spontaneous RP can bring unexpected surprises and create organic character relationships. It's wonderful to have a mix of both styles so you'll find our "plot RPs" like the YSS Resurgence offer long-term RP (we've been going for more than two years now I think), and for one-offs we have random Open RP events like holiday parties and surprise battles your character(s) optionally can join in on without long-term commitments.

Writing characters of different genders is always a fun way to explore different perspectives and play around with character dynamics. It's great to have that flexibility to suit the story. I tend to write a lot of female characters too because I just find them interesting and I'm really into making/buying/generating art for them as well.

And don't worry, being nerdy is a fantastic thing! Embracing all those hobbies like video games, reading, TTRPGs, board games, and painting minis is what makes life more enjoyable. So, own it! You are among your people here lol.

Once again, a pleasure to meet you, Anno. I hope you find some wonderful RP partners here and have a fantastic time diving into new adventures! I'm offering to set up a "starter" RP thread for you and anyone else who wants to join that will kind of introduce the setting by showing it to you rather than just telling. Last question: How much of the wiki did you read before joining? It's quite a rabbit hole lol.

Welcome to Star Army Anno,

I hope you enjoy it here. Feel free to reach out on Discord if you need anything!

Hello Anno! Nice to meet you too! It sounds like you have quite a bit of experience in the RP world, which is awesome. I'm sure you'll fit right in here. You're basically a perfect fit.

Sci-fi is a fantastic genre, and it's great to hear that you're a fan of Space Battleship Yamato, Star Wars, and Gundam. Those are all wonderful pieces of media to draw inspiration from. I can understand your love for character drama, romance, and big, over-the-top moments – they can really make an RP memorable. The nation of Yamatai here is VERY along the lines of those media as well as Martian Successor Nadesico, Star Trek, and Macross.

Planning and longer, plot-focused RP's can be very satisfying, but sometimes, a spontaneous RP can bring unexpected surprises and create organic character relationships. It's wonderful to have a mix of both styles so you'll find our "plot RPs" like the YSS Resurgence offer long-term RP (we've been going for more than two years now I think), and for one-offs we have random Open RP events like holiday parties and surprise battles your character(s) optionally can join in on without long-term commitments.

Writing characters of different genders is always a fun way to explore different perspectives and play around with character dynamics. It's great to have that flexibility to suit the story. I tend to write a lot of female characters too because I just find them interesting and I'm really into making/buying/generating art for them as well.

And don't worry, being nerdy is a fantastic thing! Embracing all those hobbies like video games, reading, TTRPGs, board games, and painting minis is what makes life more enjoyable. So, own it! You are among your people here lol.

Once again, a pleasure to meet you, Anno. I hope you find some wonderful RP partners here and have a fantastic time diving into new adventures! I'm offering to set up a "starter" RP thread for you and anyone else who wants to join that will kind of introduce the setting by showing it to you rather than just telling. Last question: How much of the wiki did you read before joining? It's quite a rabbit hole lol.
Thankyou for the warm welcome from both of you :D I'm sure i'll have plenty of questions, especially when it comes to writing up my first character.

Wes, a kinda starter rp thread would be ideal, I must admit I have only read through the general info on each faction to get a basic idea of what's going on but haven't read too deep. There is so much on the wiki it's hard to really know where to start and what is vital to know; as opposed to stuff that only really has to be read when it matters to a particular plot, a rabbit hole indeed lol.

Alright: I've made a thread here:

You don't need an approved character to join, just write whatever pops into your head. It doesn't have to be a "forever" character (but they might grow on you!). I'll be throwing some NPCs in there as it goes but the first post kind of sets the scene.

Yamatai kind of is like if there was a late 70s to mid 90s anime made about a Star Trek world where the Romulans were a founding and influential member of the Federation but also catgirls.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back