Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Thaxarians (Revised)

Skhaal

Inactive Member
Species: Thaxarian

Home Planets: Thaxaria

Government: Tribal Variant of Monarchy

General Information

A under developed race of warriors and hunters with unwavering courage in the face of 3 consecutrive wars, They're minds are ever changing to protect themselves from mental disorders that would be spawned from experience making them superior warriors however lack the technology to stand up to the Technologically Superior races that reside in neighboring galaxies but luckily the galaxy is presumed uninhabitable due to the ammounts of planets that have atmospheres that are primarily made of Carbon Monoxide and other such planets which are baren of life due to deadly atmosphere. he primary weapons are bladed weapons including kitanas but they created a massive cleaver-like claymore called 'Harbringers' and despite their heavy weight. They are used efficiently by a extended handle mixed with their physically unique trait of Compressed muscular anatomy which allows Muscle expanding less than most races yet use their strength less...oafishly. They don't dwell much in strength after they can wield Harbringers well enough so they don't become too strong. Thaxarian's tend to be spiritual and selfless race which would rather protect rather than destroy but in war it is forced upon them.

Appearance

Male tend to look like moderatly strong and tall, grey skinned humanoid beings which grow facial hair rather slowly but It's quite common in Hermits. However Thaxarian females tend to try and keep out of the city streets now a days with the viscious creatures that began warring with the thaxarians long ago but nontheless they exist and don't tend to gain weight as fast. Women are ussually paler in skin tone and their eye color comes in a wider variety.

Culture

Thaxarian Culture is Very social and strict. Death penalty is a common rule when it comes to greater criminal infractions against perverse acts. However there are some laws that allow killing another to avenge a famly members death by murder or friend that has no other relatives alive. The act must be volluntary but if taken it is said they will be smiled upon by the gods. There is a currency devised of a rare and tough metal which never proved to valuable for weapon making. Public libraries are very popular for knowledge, Weapon smiths however are the second highest money making buissness besides food and provisions. Architacture is decent, mostly made for function over appearance. Outsiders are not trusted as the first 2 wars that Thaxaria endured were caused by outsiders.

Military
The military is quite large and has many different branches but the most often usd are the Order of Slayers and Thaxarian Coalition. There are higher up divisions that consist of greater warriors and weaponry exclusive to the military branches. There is one enigmatic group in perticular that works abit independantly known as 'Coalition of the Ebon Hand' which consists of a 30+ warriors wearing technologyical power armor shrouded in cloaks.

Politics

Like most Monarchy governments The king and religious leader would be in charge of a perticular group of people. However instead of 1 religious leader ther is a council of elders and a king. The king's and council's appointed champion or 'Avatar' depending on their Courage in combat, How hard they trained and how much wisdom they have had. The avatar despite his high rank and his very limited perks he has barely any control what-so-ever. Leaders are elected from favorability but their are no laws to protect citizen from being forced into a decision being abit corrupt. Other than that politics are scarcly known other than the public knowledge.

Industry

Industry is mostly what the thaxarians can create and then sell. They live in clean cities with large buildings but keep as much plant life in the town untouched that works with the city so some trees had to be mowed down but it is done sparringly. Most industry is based on natural resources.

Skhaal ... you may want to talk to Wes about where you use both the Thaxarians.

http://www.ezforum.org/thaxariarpg/thax ... bout5.html

If he knows about this already, no big deal. But does this mean that Thaxarians would have to come through the Transuniversal gate? Or am I just blowing this up?

-------------------------------------------

First of all, it'd help if we had a planet picked out for this. That way, we could possibly know what "outsiders" means. Is there anything notable about said outsiders? Something, recognizable?

However there are some laws that allow killing another to avenge a famly members death by murder or friend that has no other relatives alive. The act must be volluntary but if taken it is said they will be smiled upon by the gods.

I know you've got computer problems man, so I don't mean to be an ass when I say this. However, I must say -- what? Huh? So you can kill a friend who has no other relatives? And if they agree, that's good? Why is being solitary so bad?

We get the general feeling the race is low tech, and it was explained that way in the the first incarnation of this. Perhaps, however, there should be more of an explanation.

Also, you've already got a Thaxarian character in the Star Army. Somewhere, we need to know how they were absorbed by the Star Army.

The other general bits look good. Don't forget your editing though; if you need help, poke me.

Just so everyone knows neko dosen't mean NH-series weapon, it is just the japanese word for cat and is often used in place of catgirl. Unless there is something I missed it dosen't mean that this is stolen off Stararmy.

Hehehe. That's true; I meant to replace that link. Sorry.

"Nekos" © Wes Davis since beginning of Japanese language.

Oh wait, No neko not from Star army, It is what I thoought was a generic name for the anthromorphic type of anime characters i.e. inuyasha. I will change the name if it is going to cause so much problems and I was wondering where that forum went to...

Uhg...misread the posts abit. To doshii, I think I phrased incorrectly, I mean a friend that is killed by annonymous individual and they have no living relatives then then the friend of the deceased my search out and avenge their dead friend. (Also I thought Neko was in Japanese ment 'Cat')

I apologize for the confusion.

Edit:

I forgot to add a few things to this earlier.

Interesting Abilities: Thaxarian's primitive way of life has allowed them to evolve to become more endurant to various weather conditions as long as gain a few other abilities to help them hunt more successfully. They are capable of retractingand extending a set of claws that when retracted are unseen for the ends of their fingertips contain claws and as they extend the cavity is surrounded by muscle inside. Thaxarians also go through a slight change making them rely on more instict than ussual mixed with relying on their overdeveloped instincts to help them survive in difficult situations. They don't become stronger however they do tend to move slightly quicker but not significantly.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back