• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

The 1st SOAR

Cedric

Inactive Member
1st Special Operations Aerospace Regiment

----- Plot Concept -----

My plot idea was inspired by the Yamataian 21st Squadron (“The Fighting Diamonds”).

It struck me as odd that the Nepleslians don’t have any sort of RP opportunity such as this.

So for a plot idea, I was thinking of the foundation of a relatively new air unit for the Nepleslian Navy. When I say “new”, I mean “new” in two senses of the word. The first would be that they are new in terms of unit history. There have been other air units, but this one was recently founded. After all, it would be impractical, both strategically and tactically, for this to be the first ever Nepleslian air unit. I also mean “new” in terms of their mission statement. This would be something akin to the modern US Air Force’s 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment (better known as the Night Stalkers). These pilots are highly trained and skilled individuals who have been picked, volunteered, or simply volun-told to fly the high-risk operations demanded of the Nepleslian special operations community.

I imagine this unit would most likely function in a similar faction to the SOAR.

I could even foresee IC interaction between the members of this unit and those of units like the 4th AASP in field operations against the Mishu threat (should this idea take off).

Most operations would be something akin to the following:

Step 1: Infiltrate enemy air/fighter/interceptor coverage (preferably) unnoticed in most scenarios.
Step 2: Reach LZ/Target area.
Step 3: If LZ, drop off people or equipment required. Or pick up. If target, then sterilize of all life within visual range.
Step 4: Exfiltrate, in a fashion befitting the situation (if unnoticed, sneak out. If FUBAR, blast out).

Basically a group of pilots dedicated to helping Nepleslian ground forces in more sensitive missions (such as recon-in-force, sabotage, and other such things).

Outside of maybe some vulgarity (nothing not scene in threads such as the 4th Fleet or similar threads), I don’t see anything that would make this thread 18+.

The First Mission
I was thinking it might be a first-time field-run for the unit.

Shortly after the pilots and aircraft crew have all been introduced, they receive (on very short notice) orders for a mission, and or ordered to suit up to deploy immediately.

Special Services agents were sent to a small moon-side NMX facility to clear it out. The details of the SS mission aren’t very important to the crews, and so their superiors aren’t telling them. They’ve been told that NMX forces are beginning to close in on the team. Due to NMX naval activity, their scheduled extraction is too far out, and higher command has seen this as a perfect opportunity to see whether or not the money spent on this unit is worth it. They have orders to elude the majority of NMX forces in the area (though, inevitably there will be contact), drop in to the facility, pick up the agents, and then get away from the area as quickly as possible before the full brunt of the NMX forces come bearing down on them. It would have pressure, limited time, action, and plenty of dog-fighting (and maybe some close-in air support could be worked in as well, depending on the situation).

----- Plot Format -----

The plot would be on the forum, performed in an SP fashion.

Events such as off-topic IC activities that might break in continuity (such as a small number of characters having a serious meeting while the rest of the plot goes on for others), large shore leave events, and other things that require on-spot coordination of the participants could be performed in a JP fashion.

----- Recruiting Plan -----

I am a member of multiple role-playing sites, so I could recruit for the Star Army community with signature text, PMs to possibly interested parties, and similar activities. It never hurts to drop a name now and again when on another board.

Confirmed Participants
1.) Sanderford
2.) cyborgakadjmoose
3.) Centurion0507
4.) More, TBA.

----- Writing Sample -----

A Mass Effect story I wrote some time before I headed off to basic training.

The only review, sadly, it received.

----- Free Time -----

I have school Monday to Friday, from 8:00 AM to 3:00 PM (Central Standard Time). I have a job at a Pizza Hut (though that doesn’t take up too much of my time). So I’m available in the afternoon and evenings of Mon-Fri, while my weekends are virtually untouched.

----- Items of Interest -----

Why did I choose Star Army of other RP sites? You wouldn’t believe the number of “military” role-plays out on the web that suck!!! Soldiers going against orders all the time, pulling weapons on their superiors, and a story-line akin to “OMG!!! KILL TEH TERERISTZ!!!!!” With such originally named characters like “Ghost” and “Captain Price”. Not to mention a personal pet-peeve of mine: calling weapons “guns”. Not to mention the “tacti-cool” crap. Oh god, the tacti-cool!!!!

So that’s why I chose StarArmy. It’s a well-organized site, with staff that have their stuff together, and it’s not all jacked up. Not to mention that I love a good ol’ fashioned sci-fi firefight to read. I get plenty of that here.

As far as art skills, and do I have them? No. I’m making that known now. I have none.

A sense of humor? Yes. Though that won’t help with art.

Do I have a military background? I’m a proudly serving member of the Iowa National Guard. Now before all you non-believers jump down my throat about it: yes the National Guard is like the real Army! What’s the difference between me and the other guy? He goes somewhere (most likely outside of the US) for a year or more, standard.

Not to mention they technically can’t be deployed on US soil unless in the event of martial law. Now, as for me? I stay here in my state (or I’m supposed to), help out with things such as disaster relief, and according to my company CO: we’re 5-8x more likely to die overseas (let alone just being deployed there) because there are more of us than active and reservist soldiers. We have the same training, same discipline, and the same mission. We do the same work, often “blessed” with inferior quality equipment.

I'm ready to approve this.

Have you got the FM okay from Kokuten yet?

I'm workin' on that.

I just wanted to get this up before I accidentally deleted it for the second time.

Approved, then.

Please PM me the necessary info.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…