• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

The Automata

This is a significant increase in power for your species, more than what we originally agreed to.

Ignoring that for a moment, I'd like to suggest that you actually roleplay a bit with the Deoradh with the other players before submitting extensions to the species. I'd like to see how well they mix with the RP first.

We're also trying to avoid the problem where players create species and then just abandon them, either because they left the RP or because they don't have enough time for them. I'm guilty of this as well, but at least you can find some IC posts involving the Phods. :p

The Automata were in the original thread at the time when it was approved by Wes. This thread is basically just going into deeper detail and explaining what they are exactly. I wanted to emphasize how poor the Deoradh genetic technology is compared to their mechatronics, which is why the Automata are much superior to the Deoradh (and why the Deoradh use implant and cybernetics so liberally), but I guess it could just as easily sound like the Automata are super robots. I'll may have to reword the post.

And yeah, I've been talking to one or two people about some RP, but the main problem is that the Deoradh travel using thermal rockets and solar sails. That means it would take them easily over a century (possibly more than one) to travel to reach their nearest neighbors, either the YSE or NDI. So they have to sit tight until someone stumbles across them, though I can probably do some internal RP in the meanwhile.

Anyways, back on topic. More thoughts, questions, or things I didn't explain clearly?

Hmm. Okay. I didn't mean to sound harsh. :)

Even some internal RP would be nice. It will give you a chance to gauge how much time you're willing to devote to the species.

I notice your Deoradh concepts tend to think outside the box, like their pagan style religion, and odd combination of state, corporation, and church. The idea of artificial intelligence with their own culture and even religion is very strange, but still very cool. :D

Having AIs that are not only equals but superiors to their creators is certainly an odd twist in a good way. It certainly has great roleplay potential, for example if you make a future plot involving the Automata becoming completely free and trying to find their own place in interstellar politics. Maybe their discontent at being treated as unequals by foreigners causes them to attack and spark a war between the Seorstat Deoradh and a foreign power. Who knows?

If you ever get around to doing some JPs, send me a message. I think it'd be fun to try out this race.

Bumpage. Complete re-write.

Go here.

Approve it. You know you want to. Do it for the neurotic machines? Please? The SI need you. They look up to you.

Your wiki entry is approved.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back