• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny The Bar

"I think I coulda got away, although he was pretty good for a first timer..." She smiled, looked down at her gauntlet computer as it beeped and drained the coffee mug. "I have to go... nice meeting you properly Ap, Call me if you wanna take up that offer on the grid training!"

Karin stood and, guitar slung across her back, jogged to the transport link on the other side of the plaza area.

Apesael stared after her grinning slightly, he really liked her. It was rare for someone to be nice to him and not be freaked out by his eyes, rarer that they where attractive.

His own wrist computer beeped. He glanced dow. The message read

Apesael

Come to my house now

Tanjo Shen

Apesael stood up his joints opposing movement with pain. He began to walk slowly to Tanjo's house.

"No, I'm fine," Koji said after downing the last bit of fish. He decided it was rather good fish, even if it did taste... fishy? Star food, didn't taste all that well sometimes, but then again it was all 'Star Food'. He didn't have a choice. Ate it in the academy, ate it here, ate it everywhere. Eh: Suppose it was at least healthy.

"I don't believe we are going to see any pirates upon this mission," Koji began again, trying to strike up another conversation, "Perhaps a combat fleet would have been more suited?"

"Maybe, but they did assign a combat vessel and fighters to protect the destiny, anyway I was assigned here and I didn't see any point in arguing, we still might run into them though."

The waiter brought Kusati's food over as he finished speaking and Kusati took a long gulp of his drink and sighed in relaxation,

"So anyway, how long have you been on this ship for?"

"About three days, give or take."

Standing abruptly, Koji waved to the tender, saying "Put it on my tab, might as well start one while I'm here." He then stepped away from the bar and began to leave. He was feeling sorta warm, but he got his act back together and re-did his shirt collar.

As if an afterthought, he turned his head back and blurted "Seeya, man," to Kusati.

He then left.

What else did this place have to do?

'that was odd' thought Kusati, 'he left pretty quickly', he wondered if his healing face had scared him off, ' no, he didn't seem to be disgusted, oh well, guess i've got a lot to learn about being in the army'

Kusati waved the bartender over,

"another drink please, the same, thankyou"

there didn't seem to be anything to do yet, so there was no reason to leave"

Kusati sighed and finished his finished his drink, he looked at his empty glass, debating weather to get another one or go get some sleep.

He got paid the bar and walked out

Kusati walked back into the bar a couple of hours with another man at his side, they were laughing.

"so, the destiny's huge isn't, there is so much to see, lets get a table"

"Yeah it's massive, I have never seen a ship so big." Henako replied.
"I've had an idea, why don't we have a fight some time in the martial arts centre, just a play fight of course?" Henako suggested

Henako looked around, it hadn't taken them long to walk from the apartment to the bar. Kusati had turned out to be a really nice guy.

"I'll have what ever your having." Henako said to Kusati

The waiter walked over to them,

"can we have two steak and chips and two beers please"

"of course, right away"

"thankyou"

Kuasati turned towards Henako,

"yeh sure sounds like fun, can we wait untill i'm fully healed first otherwise i'll be in for a buttwoopin'

Kusati took his drink from the waiter and slid Henako's beer over the table to him

"Thank's. So how long have you had the injury for? Do you think it will take you long to heal?" Henako asked.

The bar was pleasent with a nice smell to it. It wasn't the biggest bar that Henako had seen. It had comfortable seats, and had a few table's to sit at when you want to eat.

Henako look down at his beer. He hadn't had a beer in two week. Henako picked up the beer and took his first sip, then spat it out into the cup, repulsed at the lukewarm concoction. "Beautiful." Henako said out loud, not wanting to offed Kusati.

"So how long have you been on the Destiny for then?" Henako asked.

The AI's voice came out of no-where

"Henako, I've decided to help you out. Your commanding officer is at bay gate 15, directing the colonists. I would advise that you either go to your quarters and rest, or report to him. Anything else could be regarded as laziness, and do you want your commanding officer to consider you lazy on your first day? Oh, and Kusati, if your feeling well enough to consider training someone in martial arts, I'd have thought you where well enough to report to your fighter. The location has already been sent to you." The AI sounded smug.

The waiter came back with the steaks, chips and two beers. He was confused slightly that they where drinking the cold beers that had been left there from before, since he had not brought the drinks yet.

"There you go sirs, your bill." He handed a slip of paper to Kusati, who had ordered, and so automatically offered to pay.

"Yes AI. I'll go and meet my commanding officer now." Henako replied to the AI, although he didn't know if he should have, or even if the AI was still listening to him.

"Sorry Kusati, I'll have to go and meet him now. Get hold of me sometime, we will have to have that match. Thank's for all the help you gave me." Henako called as he ran out of the bar.

Kusait gave the waiter the money for the food and beers, 'thats why Henako spat the beer out'

"AI, could you tell me where my fighter is again" Kusati spoke up, hoping the AI was still here somewhere"

Kusati dug into his food, waiting for a reply, 'there was a lot of food to eat, and i mean a Lot' thought Kusati

"Of course. The location of the fighter is in the closest console to you, along with all information you might need." The smug voice of the AI answered.

"couldn't you be a bit more specific, like telling me what hanger it is in, and who my commanding officer is?"

Kusati looked up from his meal and heard the pilots orders, he left some money on the table for the waiter and ran from the bar to his ship

RPG-D RPGfix
Back