• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Destiny The beginning of a beautiful relationship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Inactive Member
(note: this ends the opening section of Project Destiny. Feel free to wrap previous stuff up before continuing from here.)

"W-wha...?"

light... a face... who?

what's that sound...?

mmm? speech... thats it...

"-ight? Karin? Can you hear me?" said Sem loudly, bowed over her friend.
"Don't shout Sem! She can hear you..." said another voice. She couldn't quite place it...

"Ugh." muttered Karin, slowly sitting up in the medical room's suspension field. "Get the number of the frigate that hit me?"

"No time for jokes Karin. Are you all right?" said the unidentified voice. Karin turned her head, slowly and stiffly to face in the direction she thought the speaker was standing.

"Who...?"

"Whaddya mean who? nobody here but me K... sure you're fit to be sitting up?" said Sem, confused.

"Don't worry Karin. I'm not really... here, as such. Although I must thank you for rescuing me. living in a computer system is not... pleasant..."

"Baker?"

"What?"

"You can speak to me in your head karin... it appears that we were linked when you came out of the system so quickly... unwise! Not something I would do personally, but needs must. That Elysian really was something though..." mused Baker.

"Oh no..."

"WHAT?"

"Um... would you mind getting out of my head, if that's where you are...?" Karin thought tentatively. "Only, you are kinda... crazy..."

"Me, crazy....? Well yes, I suppose I was. But not now! My sanity has returned, albeit slowly... you've been out for two days, and the ship is underway..."

"Where are you really?"

"Karin, can you hear me... you look funny..."

"Yeah, yeah... hold on Sem..."

"I'm locked in the captain's desk. Quick work with the holodisk! I congratulate you on that score."

"Any medical staff around? Karin's awake... and she's really wierd"[/i]

"I'm here," A doctor walked into the room, "What seems to be the prob.."

He was interrupted by the doors slamming open and a team of medics running in with the body of Kusati on an AG stretcher.

"We have a medical emergency. We have a man here with third degree burns covering most of his top body and a critical head wound. I need dermal-plast, now." The doctor ran to the stretcher, helping move the body onto a bed, and scanning with an assortment of medical instruments, and yelling for various pieces of medical equipment.

"He's going into shock" The doctor erected a metallic cover around the bed which began to administer shocks to the patients heart. After a few tense minutes the medics backed away and the doctor broke a sigh of relief "He's going to survive, he's not going to be up and around for a bit, most of his skin's gone, and he has significant brain damage, but he'll be fine. Eventually. What happaned to him?"

"Console blew up in his face, started a fire. He called us on the radio before he passed out." One of the medics replied.

Karin slipped shakily out of the suspension field and stood looking at the guy on the stretcher.

"Baker...?"

"Call me William. Or Will, if you want."

"Will, did you do this?"

"No... how could I? I have no control over the ship's systems now... unless my recent mindset rubbed off on your AI. Reminds me of a vid I once saw..." Baker paused for a moment, and continued in a very flat, mid-ranged voice, "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Karin got the distinct expression that he was grinning, wherever he was.

"Umm... Mr. doctor? sir? I'm gonna head back to my quaters now, if that's alright."

"Yeah, fine kid... just don't go over-exerting your mind in the AI net again, okay?"

"Right."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back