• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Character [The Black Vipers] Daman Tilak

Wes, can we hold off a minute and get one of the Iroma guys in here to double check things? I'll grab Soresu tonight. I'd honestly just be more comfortable if someone who was more familiar with the ins and outs of the race took a look.

Yes, I really would prefer to be brought in on these kind of things. While I applaud expediency in approving characters, those that know little of the individual species may tend to overlook certain aspects of a given race.

Now then: Iromakuanhe males usually have swept back horns, where as the females kind of tend to curve inward like the Gazelle. However this is not always the case. And I'd treat it as such. It's uncommon but does happen.

You got the age right, rounded up, kudos on that one. :)

Cohronl colonies were atypically spacebound, also good. Although they would've been in the Iruotl system. Not between on this 'frontier'. Despite it only being one solar system, a solar system as an incredible amount of empty space. And the distances you described in that little descriptor hadn't been traveled until AR 936, which was about three years ago.

Black Marketeering, and other "Grey" areas are more than welcome. Heck, the Iromakuanhe had a thriving criminal underground. I also give props on this.

Trade, in the Iromakuanhe culture is a dead language. One that has slowly begun being revived thanks to first contact with the Kikyo Sector species. Just think if Latin made a gradual comeback. The Iromakuanhe Trade variation is old, and may or may not have different syntax, words and so on. So he'd have to work at modernizing his Trade. Yamataian is a different beast all together, and I'd like to know the timeframe in which it took him to learn this more for reference.

Technology Operation is fine for the most part, just remember. The Iromakuanhe before the IRC Conferences had next to no presence in the Kikyo Sector. Which means Nepleslian technology may not be as familiar as you'd like. Unless he learned from the Freespacers. The Freespacers had taken refuge within Irutol for sometime to mine, repair, build and supply themselves before moving on. Giving you excellent opportunities to further flesh out and expand your skillset into something more well-rounded and feasible.

Nice choice of weapon in the HHG! But merely labeling "boxes" is a bit vague. Which boxes of what rounds? The standard HHG has some potent ones.

@Soresu

Odd, my firefox was crashing while I tried to reply to this post. Made things hard to juggle.

Thanks for looking over my profile. I've got a ton of things to iron out it seems which was what I was expecting because the species was entirely new to me. Also I apologize if this reply seems a bit loopy I'm feeling light headed and feverish and I'm not sure why.

On to the questions and comments.
As for the horns the only reference I could find on them mentioned they were wider and straighter so I still assumed they had the same general shape. but not curved in as dramatically.

"And the distances you described in that little descriptor hadn't been traveled until AR 936, which was about three years ago."

Does this mean there was absolutely no travel between the two sectors at all before then? because the trade/ transport ship I mentioned wasn't really supposed to be of Iromakuanhe origin. I assumed with FTL technology it would be feasible but I didn't really realize how isolated isolation could be. I was hoping to tie in the histories of an existing character with this one using the ship. Its meant to be a pretty small potatoes relatively unknown vessel doing its own thing and whatnot.

That's where the exposure to language and technology would have come from as well because they wouldn't be operating in Iruotl. 17 years using his point of view for age would have been spent with his primary interest and form of entertainment being learning about new languages and cultures. that said fluent might be a stretch for Yamataian.

As far as tech operation goes it isn't anything complex. He's not really much of a technologically savvy person in the first place the only reason I had the skill in there was because it was standard for civilians to know how to use their own local tech and the way I had it written he had enough exposure over the years to know where the on button was.

Fixed the box labels. I remember being exited about the different bullets but I must have forgot to add them to the description.

I'm not really sure what I should do to make this work. If you have any suggestions I've love to hear them. I'm sort of stressing a bit because I'm not the best at navigating the wiki

The only travel between the two sectors happened in two instances. One was a failed plot called Land of Dreamers, in which members of various Kikyo Sector races ended up on Maekardan as the result of a freak Hyperfold incident. Their fate has been left ambiguous and more than likely they remained in Irutol. The other would be Seigan Solutions. A VIA (Iroma Intelligence) initiative in which select members of their agency went undercover in the Kikyo sector to act as Mercenaries and gather intelligence on the various nations. They did this to see what was out there, what they maybe up against if they were hostile, and to get a better lay of the land before initiating contact.

So the Commonwealth has kept themselves insular for awhile. Beyond the renegades whom fled the Irutol system during the three Outer System Conflicts. But each of those became a diaspora nation. And in the end were brought to heel and under Commonwealth control. Each one of those happened every couple hundred years with the last taking place about twelve years ago ICly. With those displaced individuals becoming the NVR, or New Veyrin Republic which had begun a war against the Commonwealth. And resulted in the Commonwealth discovering those diaspora and bringing them into the fold.

Besides those instances, nothing. After 936, in comes the International Relations Conferences, where we tentatively begin taking part in galactic affairs. And as such the Iroma slowly inch their way outward.

There's a lot you could do to make it work. Fret not! While somethings may not be as you thought, they open unique opportunities for you. Cohronl are usually at the forefront of exploration along with the Eyr Ranr, and it could be that your guy upon hearing of such places beyond the homesystem decided to take the plunge. That's just one example.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=iromakuanhe_astral_commonwealth

The above link is the main Commonwealth page.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=ccg:iromakuanhe_new

The above is the comprehensive guide to making an Iroma character. Basically covers your standard questions of biology and other things. Disregard the stuff regarding the Vanguard as it seems your character isn't a part of that. But, if you need more information or help, just let me know.

Thank you for the links. the astral commonwealth one was not something I had much of a chance to read over yet but I definitely will.

You mentioned freespacers are fairly nomadic would it be possible that he heard about these strange places while they were nearby and somehow hitched a ride with them?

Don't forget there have also been a handful of random individual Iroma travelers (one joined a Nep plot IIRC) and an intrepid kabob company that preceded the "first contact," who were welcomed although no one really knew where they were from. I don't see an issue with the character's history because it says he lived in the space between the civilizations.

I'm okay with doing whatever works. I can't imagine my character drew much attention to where he was from during his travels.

I think the problem is that it wouldn't make sense for a ship in the transport business to be crossing that frontier of space for no reason. because this was before "first contact" I'm fine with changing it to him deciding to head 'south' himself and moving his home ship's general area to the asteroid field.

I'm pretty sure the Best Kebab stores were technically part of Seigan solutions that just happened to turn into an incredibly profitable business, Wes. Also, with Soresu being the FM, you should probably let what he says stands, what with it being his faction and all.

I'm probably one of the most knowledgeable people in the setting regarding them. Auto-Approving and contradicting what I've stated aside, I've given my two cents on the thread, and would like what I said respected. The Kebab Stands showed up after the first IRC in which the Iroma took part in. Negating some of your claims. And as I said before, Cohronl colonies and the like didn't 'drift' or leave the homesystem in such a fashion. Otherwise they'd have ended up dying off especially in a small ship such as the one described in Story's biography. As those sorts of vessels cannot be self-sustaining outside of the homesystem and in between the sectors.

After the Iroma came into contact with the Kikyo sector more Iroma would've gone off to it. Erstwhile, they sent Seigan in because of what Yamatai did to the Freespacers and what the 'spacers told the Iroma. So it would not exactly make a lot of sense for a people to decide to head into possibly hostile territory in a cavalier fashion. There have been a few sporadic cases, but those were usually vagabonds of the worst caliber like Algol.

As I've stated before, the vast majority of their submission I approve of. There were only minor edits that should have been made. And did not necessitate me coming back in here to correct some misinformation on their history.

Last edited:
Okay just making sure.
phew.
I have enough trouble keeping real life history straight. I'm sure I'll get it eventually though. When I really get into something I like to read up on it.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back