• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Rejected Submission The Blood Rite

Wyld

Inactive Member
Submission Type: Religion
Submission URL: Currently lacks a page

Faction: Neplasian mainly, but I'd like to see this for all factions to some degree.
FM Approved Yet? (No)
Faction requires art? It doesn't require it persay, as its religious symbol... well decide if it needs art or not at your own discrettion.

For Reviewers:
This is a religion of many things, but its primary unusual thing is... The Blood Rite.

The religion itself is one based partly in war. It is said amoung them that the first sentient creature to kill another in battle(Read: fair confrontation in which the two killed each other with their bodies) ascended to become The Great God Amok. Some say he fought to defend his family and his home, as such this comes into play in regards to The Blood Rite.

This is where it gets tricky. The idea of the blood rite is that it is a clear gem like necklace/bracelet/ring, it varies to each individual that wears one. In order for you to be considered under the protection of The Great God, you must slay an opponent in battle, in a brutal close up fight with no ranged weapons. If you are victorious, you take the mysterious gem/symbiote and cover it in the defeated's blood. The stone/creature has some sort of reaction, becoming a red color rather than clear, despite not being covered in blood at all. it either absorbed the blood, or had some sort of chemical reaction that changed the color of the stone. However trying to soak it in somones blood that you haven't killed yourself, even if you killed him with a gun, and the stone will turn black, and you will forfiet the protection of The Great God.

If you attack somone undder the Great God's protection, knowing they are protected with the intent to kill, while also being under his protection, your own protection will be forfeit, and the stone will turn black.

If you attack your family while under the protection of The Great God, your protection is forfeit.

If your stone is removed from you, or you die and are brought back by any means, your protection is forfeit. however you may try to reaquire the protection of The Great God.

People under the protection of The Great God claim they have been possesed by him in battle, and sometimes the ones that were about to earn his favor have this happen as well. It seems to be a manic state of being in which the possesed is much stronger than normal, with a mad glint in their eyes. Now much stronger than normal can mean many things, in this case it is like the super adreiniline with which one can lift cars. Not entier cars all the way off the ground obviously, but the human body is an amazingly strong thing. peple have been known to lift half a bus into the air to save somone else, usually their child, with the power of adrenaline.

These same people that are possessed by him claims he sees the world clearer than anything else, and have seen it through his eyes, that the world is brighter, more colorful, sounds are more easily heard, and time itself seems to move slower, as if they had been veiwing the wolrd behind a pair of foggy glasses, and The Great God lifted the veil for them, if only for a moment. These are of course, symptoms of being under the affects of an adrenaline rush, but the members of this religion dont see it that way, and even claim that each time they are possessed, their skills in battle increase.

The 'scientific' explanation for this would explain away with the so called 'stone' being a symbiotic parasite with a Mutualistic relation ship to the host, where the parasite forms a mental link with the host, altering their body over time to give them strength after The Blood Rite is completed, and some how drawing strngth, not much mind you, from this host. Of course how this seemingly uniform creature does that is a mystery for science.

It can detect the hormones of its host rising in a highly intense environment like say, a fist fight, and then seems to search the area for hostile intent, since even with these hormones, it will not activate when the host is training,. It seems to get a kind of booster and absorb the needed power from the dead/dying warrior, and then will form a link with the one who gave them that chance. It seems to be able to force an adrenal state in the host to enhance their abilities.

Also it seems that members of the religion beleive that when they die, thats it, and they either join The Great God's army to fight forever(or if they get bored/get tired of it go have a feast or some thing with lots of wemon and wine) or to try and challenge the blood god for his position. its unknown if any one ever beat him, but those that fail are still welcome to join The Great God.

Contains Unapproved Sub-Articles? (no)
Contains New art? (No)
Previously Submitted? (No)

Notes: Basically I am trying for a religion that 'seems' to have tangible effects, and many of this is subject to change. If you have a problem with something let me know. And besides, its up to a GM and OOC interpretation if it will actually do anything in one plot or another. oh and also read The Great God as The Blood God. This is is a faction that will happily give any one that seems to be truly intending to do the blood rite one of the 'stones', so any one is welcome to join, and this was mostly something i came up with for a fanatic archetype for my character, but how reveren they are to The Great God varies.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello, please create a wiki article for this. I can't approve submissions unless they are wiki articles.

Hmm... I'll start working on one, might be a bit though. I'll have to check out pages of a similar nature for the proper format.

Does a neko's haemosynth count as blood considering that it is technically "material" that is even used for repairs and construction?

Hmmm... I will think about that as i make the article, or try to. I'm still new at making wiki articles. it may take another day or two yet :/

A possible explanation for the rules a warrior needs to follow to keep the stone, like no traitors and stuff like that, could reach back to the race that made them. If their society had firm beliefs on certain laws or principals and the stone is a form of AI it may explain why the stone would just turn off when it is misused.

A possible explanation for the rules a warrior needs to follow to keep the stone, like no traitors and stuff like that, could reach back to the race that made them. If their society had firm beliefs on certain laws or principals and the stone is a form of AI it may explain why the stone would just turn off when it is misused.

That's kind of the general idea. I could specify that in its history.

The more you specify the better a writer can understand and interpret your work. One thing I'm sure of is that hemosynthetic blood couldn't possibly activate the stone because it is a fluid that functions like blood but uses machines to achieve results. So far it's looking good but I'm not an admin. I like the history of the stones leading back to Earth but the galaxy we're is so far from Earth we don't even know where Earth is! The odds of using it in the Sol System as well as the SARPiverse is infinitesimally small. That could use some clarity as well.

Whenever I'm making something for SARP I try to keep it historically plausible. The best tool for that is undoubtedly The Timeline.
Take some time to briefly skim over it and look into the Pre YE 01 events. That article really helps us writers bridge the gap between ourselves and our setting. I'm sure it can help you make the best choice for your submission.

Thanks for the links and the information, I will mess around with this more for a bit as I figure out exactly what I'm trying to do with this myself.

Also the idea is to make a 'known history' what the people in-universe know, and things that we would know OOC, becuase I know that from what i've heard that we would not know that they had been on earth, which we know nothing about, in character. Like, these data gathering devices were meant to spread pretty much everywhere and relay information back to the main planet using quantum physics using linked particals that are synced with those of the stones, that record the information as it comes in. (look it up, its a thing that is possible) essentially gathering information faster than the speed of probability. These things are meant to spread pretty much everywhere so that they would never have to leave their planet, and yet be able to know more about their neighbors did than their neighbors knew about themselves. I may include the idea of having some sort of data bank in the planet protected by a bunker and AI still awaiting the return of their creators...

I understand that this place is inconceivable far from earth, but these things are meant specifically as long range data gatherers using quantum mechanics to ins... bah, point is I have ideas, and lots of them. And one of those ideas is a qunatum computer that can instantly transmit and record data to a data bank smoewhere else in the universe. Assume that the original planet is inconceivable far away. Now... I'm off to make the improbable happen.

(I also just realised this is like a religion, history, and technology submission all balled up into one and tossed like a cannon ball at the canon...)

I'm probably not continuing with this, one part lazyness and two parts 'dunno what to do with it'. I thought it was a good idea at the time, and changed my mind since then.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back