• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC The Commonwealth Nations of Mundus

Gadshack

Inactive Member
So, I'm not sure how welcoming everyone is to new factions but I have a potentially new and rather minor faction that I've had stowed away for a while. Basically, it's an organic cyborg faction(I'm sure there have been plenty of those :p). But it's based off my main RP region in NationStates, the world of Mundus where in alternate earth like fashion, corrupt geopolitical agenda and war rule. With scifi writing however I've never been able to dip in a fantasy realm for the sake of story. I've always strifed to invoke scientific accuracy and plausibility above all else(im more of a science nerd than hardcore scifi geek), along with 3d characters trying to rid of some the typical hero archetype tropes. With the Commonwealth I aim to tell a hard scifi story, yet include interesting characters. Because of my ways of providing the most accurate scientitic bases possible(though I do enjoy stepping from the rigors of scientific correctness for the sake of story sometimes), Mundus will perhaps be disadvantaged in tech, but hey...in the name of science! So if I'm allowed, I'd like to create this small reality based faction ^^

So these will be humans, basically? Sounds okay so far to me. And it's easier to make a new faction of an existing species than inventing a new species. So you'll need a wiki page with their history and culture and a place for them to be.

Maybe they could be the dudes in this star system: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=system:hx-14

Hmmm, looks good as long as I can set out the inhabited planet characteristics if need be. Though I would prefer more originality on my part(making a system) if possible as the original bases i set to make was that this is so far, an isolated faction with slim contact to other civs, as far as the commonwealth is concerned they're out there but can't be efficiently contacted...plus isolationist policy and so on. However I can flexible if need be, RP is best that way.

In my opinion, there's not a lot of point in making a faction in an RP if that faction isn't going to interact with the other factions of the RP. If you're going to make a new part of Star Army's universe, I think you should make it interconnected to the rest of Star Army, instead of some hermit faction off in a corner where no one has any reason to care about them.

i see, well then i can fairly well integrate into that system as some kind of active civ, as the wiki says. I mean I'm not putting star army in exile and I didn't have intentions on entirely isolating other factions. My only intention was to establish some more back story, then go on with story arcs that would push interaction. Believe me I understand its pointless to be here and not interact with anyone :)

Last edited:
Just a word of warning: SARP is not nationstates, as much fuss as we make about factions. So if you're expecting the same experience, then you're making a faction for the wrong reasons. If you think it'll contribute to the setting etc etc, then by all means continue your development.

NationStates is a unique variety, from gameplay, roleplay, etc. When I looked at Star Army I didn't view in the same way, I'm just transferring some ideas from NS to here, but no expectation of it being the same. Contributiom to collaborative writing is why I am here.

Hmmm, I think I'll hold off on faction building for now. Will keep this idea in mind but I think I'll buildup individual characters first and work up, maybe join the factions and so on before I take on anything bigger. Though I do thank the advice.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back