• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

The Dark Sun Clan

iirc, the SARP currently has a rule prohibiting the creation of additional humanoid races (and tbh, they remind me of the Reavers [firefly]/Rippers [Tankgirl]/ Early Klingons [Startrek], etc).

You could get around this by turning them into a criminal operation (Something about it reminds me of the Chinese and Japanese syndicates like the Triads and the Yakuza, albeit pushed to an extreme and reckless edge ) and a clan that revises some ancient mythos (I've not seen this before in mainstream entertainment with the exception of The Red Dragon Crime Syndicate which evolved from "The Order" in Cowboy Bebop which was never properly explored).

If you got worried about angry empires wanting to wipe them out, you could beef up the threat value a notch by having them use weapons from the black market and having them use guerilla tactics like hit&run and ambush so they lure in vessels, cripple them then pillage them. (
Ideal targets range from light military vessels to isolated armor/fighter groups who've lost their commanding vessel, cargo vessels and munitions transports
).

In conjunction, drop in some nomadic behavior so it is especially difficult to find them unless they're looking for you.

This would probably secure them in the SARP as a tool for GMs to use (either way, I think they'll be used to create problems for player characters to solve creatively in interesting ways, which is awesome).

Regardless, awesome stuff.
Keep up the good work. :)

For now I will leave them as they are until I get more feedback. The intention was to make them difficult to deal with, because of their refusing to run from a fight. I basically went with the concept of take a feline species into sentience, and added mixed in a bit of bushido, but with the feline nature being a bit more dominant. Thanks for the feedback though.

OsakanOne, Nope, as a writer a long time ago I learned to take feedback.

OsakanOne said:
Oh right. Sorry if my feedback came back as a bit critical ^^;

As for being nomadic, the Clan would probably be construed as such by anyone who starts to notice them. The hunting packs roam over great areas in search of prey and occassionally gather to pass on news and such. Luring smaller military vessels would be a tactic they would have no problem with. They would see such vessels, if foolish enough to fall for the trap, as worthy of being prey.

I did update the page slightly, based on your feedback,

Dark Sun Clan are a bipedal species descended from feline creatures of their homeworld. The ancestors would have resembled terran jaguars, panthers, leopards.

Needless to say if the clan gets approved I will have to work on making some basic ships for RP factor, but figure I'll wait until the concept is approved before investing that time.

OsakanOne said:
Oh right. Sorry if my feedback came back as a bit critical ^^;

RPG-D RPGfix
Back