• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

The Driker Suit

Well, well now.
Fresh meat.

For the most part, I like what I see and I'm usually quite a heavy critic.

It's a little sparse ("strange alien technology", individual names) but otherwise, if it's for a specific purpose on a plot-ship, I suppose it's quite harmless.

You often push the concept of strange here. People understood this the first time. If you don't know what it's actually made of, say so but place a marker on the resiliance/armor chart so people know how to treat it.

Your wording is a little ungraceful and a bit distasteful. I'd like it if you exchange Shaun for "the wearer" or "the user" as to sterilize the personal element from the writing. It's nothing personal but if someone approves it in this state, everyone would want one and some would go as far as to change their name to Sean.

The weapon mechanism leaves me desiring a bit more. Where does it gather the energy to create missile and energy rounds? Does it contain complex mechanical parts which harden from the liquid or are always pre-contained?
If it can learn, does this mean it can learn from new weapons?

Sorry for all of the pokey questions but I once wrote something strangely similar for another roleplay. In fact, I'll be nice and upload it so you can draw your own conclusions. If you see any features you like, drop me a PM and I'll help you adapt them.

Obviously this isn't suited to this universe but it's "interesting" to say the least and you're trying to innovate by making a tight easily conceiled suit in place of a power-armor (something I've never seen here).

Good show, old boy.

making it seem personal was on purpose sadly. I mean it would be really weird if suddenly a bunch of these suits just started popping up especially if only one was known to be made. Though I do indeed understand what your getting at.

I guess it is pretty selfish of me to try and create something with the intention of being the only one with it. I apologize for that. T_T

Welcome to Star Army!

Hmm, this kind of reminds me of Samus' suit or Guyver. There's a lot of missing information here. The main thing that set off little alarms in my head is that this hasn't (to my knowledge) been roleplayed out. It's all the gain with none of the pain (or fun!) for the character. Designing a suit for your use is fine, but just giving it freely to your character isn't fair to the other roleplayers.

was actually hoping to rp it out actually. I have the bad habit of writing bio's and such a bit...ahead of themselves.

DELETED

I decided to remove the suit idea all together. While I have a much better idea as to how it could be made. I'm going to put this to rest. I think I'll just stick with my character Shaun as he is for now.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…