• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

The Infantry Fire Support Family of Products

na-ips32: Is this a generator or a battery?

Na-ITD32: The lack of security features is dangerous. If someone drops one of these and an NMX dude picks it up, the NMX dude could start calling airstrikes on Nepleslian Marine stuff. I'm just saying.

Mortars: Any other items use this type of ammunition? Just thinking about it from a supply train point of view.

Overall: Everything looks approvable.

1: Battery

2: Safety Features will be included in next year's model I'm sure.

3: Nothing shares the mortar ammunition at this point

Shouldn't the Diameter of the mortar be closer to the size of the shell.

Na-DMV32
Diameter listed 12cm or 120 mm round is 80mm

Na-DMI32
Diameter listed 6cm or 60 mm round is 37mm

Its my understanding that a mortar uses the tube to guide the round and for the charge that launches it to propel it out. As large as these tubes appear to be, the majority of the force would go around the shell.

The interior diameter is of course the same size as the shell.

However that diameter is meant to be for the entire unit. Each tube is fairly think because it is made out of cheap plastics and not metals so it needs to be a bit thicker to handle the force. In addition the DMI has even more diameter because of the fold down legs. I'll add a line to clarify this in the submissions.

They do melt, which is why they are disposable. Once all the rounds are fired you just toss the tube into the trash.

Maybe use ceramics on the inside? Still lightweight and cheap, but a lot less susceptible to melting.

The plastics only need to be strong enough to survive a few shots which is why they are cheap.

The idea isn't to reuse the tubes (Maybe recycle them), just to toss them once used up.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn moreโ€ฆ