• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

The Pascoe Creations Debacle

Jimmy

Lover of Purple
Inactive Member
As we all know, Lewis Pasco Day is one of the most important days of the year in the Nep calender, and to celerbrate the big one-oh I though it'd be nice to do something a little special.

So, I'll tell you what I've been planning (actually, I just cooked this up right now, so if you think it's completely insane, yeah...), estientially I'll design yours if you design mine.

Any man or woman willing and able to sign up will be paired with another person in the pool, each person is able to give a set of basic requirements to the weapon, and then it is your job to design, and submit it. At the same time, your partner will be doing the same for you.

Of course, these weapons will be one of a kind, so if you have a Nep in your plot, you should bug their player immediately.

The basic rules are as follows:
You must actively work on the submission, no procrastinating.
You must follow your partners wishes as best you are able.
You must be willing to give your work to the other person in exchange for theirs.

The guidelines are here:
Submissions can be any form of firearm, however, remember your partners requirements, and try to keep it with something their character would have available.
You may use whatever resources you require to finish the submission, this includes DOGA, Wings, or 2D drawings.
You may keep your requirements or work as public or private as you wish, however I'd like to try and keep a surprise for as long as possible, at least to other players in the plot.

This is meant to be a bit of fun for anyone willing, I hope to see lots of half-baked ideas, and guns made out of scrap laying around. Use your creativity, be flexible, and most of all, have a bit of a laugh at the end of it.

So, any takers, sign up here, and choose your partners!

Alright, I'm going to download 3DWings and see if I can make something for Doshii, the Awesome Bald!

In true Jake style, I'm going to see if I can model myself a Wheelgun of some sort when I have spare time.

I may not be able to stick to a deadline due to University, but I will set aside time and effort for this.

As to what it looks like, specifically...
...I'll make it up as I go along. :mrgreen:

Failing that, just make a gun for someone you really like, I'm game. Just trying to get creative juices flowing, and make a bit of a community challenge. :)

Alright, I'm going to make a wrist mounted crossbow with explosive heads for Gallants character Naoko, although she probably won't be able to use it until she's about waist high, the challenge is to make it fit as she grows.

Although, the new level of complexity means the repeater version may have to wait until she's grown up a bit. ;)

I have a nasty feeling that if I get this right it may start a new wave of firearms...

I'm fairly sure there used to be a wiki page of the holiday, but I can't seem to find it.

When's the deadline for submissions?

As soon as you are humanely able. ;)

It also turns out I had a localisation error, (I told you I only thought of it just now! >.<) it's spelt Lewis Pasco, not Louis Pascoe like we in the South Pacific would spell it.

This year's Pasco Day is approaching fast!

Well, I'd try to have them done by early January, since Pascoe Day (IIRC) is on IRL Christmas.

TAFE has made me a bit off track with the crossbow, however I've been going back and tweaking it occasionally. Fortunately I'm further along than I remembered, but several details have yet to be done. Unfortunately this semester started very late, so we're going right through almost onto Christmas. It will be a squeeze.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back