• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC The Promised Land

Dumont

Inactive Member
Have an OOC thread, everyone. Also since this is now well past my arbitrary three months, I'm pushing this as being semi-canonical since people are interested in Associate conspirators turning up elsewhere.

Sorry on a slow start, but the plates are now beginning their spinning about for you all.

Hey man, wanted to say that your doing a great job at GMing. You are quick with reactions, take peoples actions into proper account and doing a great job setting the scene. I am impressed.

I'm honestly terrible at receiving compliments, so I'd actually prepared a bunch of counter-examples for how I done goofed up so far.

But instead I'll just say thanks, and I hope you enjoy yourself.

Question for my post. What is the 'layout' of the train cars, I know the passenger cars are probably in the front but then where is the cargo car, and the car that the baddies have taken over? I'm picturing this;

[passenger car]-[passenger car]-[passenger car]-[passenger car]-[passenger car]-[cargo car]-[baddies car]

Driver/Engine > Four passenger cars (increasingly pissed off workers) > 'dining' (shitty cafeteria, caffeinatrix) > two cargo cars (Guns, and ship parts) > Secure Cargo (dem bad guys) > Crew Compartment (loading crew w/ Ernie).

ALSO

Going to have to apologise for the lag in stuff, as my semester just started. It's now just easier to do my weekly post that I settled into mid-week rather than weekends.

I have to apologize as well, I hit a bit of a down spot in terms of motivation on sarp thanks to the heat wave. Just getting back into swing

Apologies for the......cryptic (and less-then-perfect) nature of my posts; I promise they'll be improving fairly soon. Hopefully.

Also edited the backpack's description in my first post.

So just as a general rule, whenever I slip up and have it so that nothing's happening with a specific subset of players?

I entertain them by throwing cybernetic ninjas at them. I can finesse the logic of circumstances around whatever needs to be done, and justify their presence how I see fit.

Oh how I do so love to be a GM.

Since it apparently came up at the meeting that I've been somewhat slow:

Be on notice that I do have term papers, intermittent employment, and full time studies to attend to. We all have lives outside this roleplaying forum, and I've had one exam this earlier this week, as well as a paper due tomorrow.

Expect me to be slow, potentially irritable, and otherwise less than optimally attentive to this until this gets addressed.

Real life happens. If you have no patience for it? Get stuffed.

New post is up, have horrific human testing!

In other news, for @The Nomad @ÐarkMatter and @Vulpes

The three newbie cyborgs are starting out as being hired on as heavies. Meaning you're there to add muscle to the rest of the team when things get too bad to sneak past. Right now you're not already on the target train, you've merely been delivered to the station where it is now stopped so you have opportunity to get aboard.

For now I have other stuff going on, but when I have time over the next couple of days, I'll be bugging you to do a Joint Post in order to get you all up to speed on the specifics of stuff. I'm pretty sure you have questions, so I'd appreciate it if my other lovely players who are all very handsome and/or sexy would help out answering anything you would like to know 'cause I'm examming it up right now.

New post is up, have horrific human testing!

In other news, for @The Nomad @ÐarkMatter and @Vulpes

The three newbie cyborgs are starting out as being hired on as heavies. Meaning you're there to add muscle to the rest of the team when things get too bad to sneak past. Right now you're not already on the target train, you've merely been delivered to the station where it is now stopped so you have opportunity to get aboard.

For now I have other stuff going on, but when I have time over the next couple of days, I'll be bugging you to do a Joint Post in order to get you all up to speed on the specifics of stuff. I'm pretty sure you have questions, so I'd appreciate it if my other lovely players who are all very handsome and/or sexy would help out answering anything you would like to know 'cause I'm examming it up right now.
Hmm, sorry to bother over small details, but my OC isn't a cyborg.
Also, what do we do in the meantime? Do me, Dark and Nomad open a chatroom and interact on the train station or we'd better wait for your guidance?

I thought your dude had a cybernetic jaw? Or is it not actually part of his body, and something like the strap-on gold beard from that one lady gaga music video?

In general the best bet would be to join this by jumping right into the play by post. You write your character's actions same as everyone else is. If you haven't read the thread you're joining, I highly recommend it. It would give you a good idea of how it is run, in general. Feel free to ask anyone else how things work specifically.

While you can do this joint post or by a chatroom or something, my rules for how The Promised Land is run are quite clearly outlined on the plot's article in the wiki. SP for scenes involving three or more people, JP for three or less. What Single Post (SP) and Joint Post (JP) mean are explained here in the roleplaying guide for Star Army.

Basically as there's more than three players in this entire scene, it falls into Single Post because I don't want to deal with the nightmare of scheduling a point at which 6-10 of you are all together to work on a scene together. Even then, it tends to come out an unholy garbled mess and be generally less pleasing to read for anyone who comes along after you. Whether they be potential new players, or just people who like to read.

The sort of prelude thing which would explain how you got there will be done via Joint post which I will be doing by an openly editable pad, and it's basically done like you would in a chatroom. Use this link here to get there. At the same time, I haven't started it yet.

I thought your dude had a cybernetic jaw? Or is it not actually part of his body, and something like the strap-on gold beard from that one lady gaga music video?

In general the best bet would be to join this by jumping right into the play by post. You write your character's actions same as everyone else is. If you haven't read the thread you're joining, I highly recommend it. It would give you a good idea of how it is run, in general. Feel free to ask anyone else how things work specifically.

While you can do this joint post or by a chatroom or something, my rules for how The Promised Land is run are quite clearly outlined on the plot's article in the wiki. SP for scenes involving three or more people, JP for three or less. What Single Post (SP) and Joint Post (JP) mean are explained here in the roleplaying guide for Star Army.

Basically as there's more than three players in this entire scene, it falls into Single Post because I don't want to deal with the nightmare of scheduling a point at which 6-10 of you are all together to work on a scene together. Even then, it tends to come out an unholy garbled mess and be generally less pleasing to read for anyone who comes along after you. Whether they be potential new players, or just people who like to read.

The sort of prelude thing which would explain how you got there will be done via Joint post which I will be doing by an openly editable pad, and it's basically done like you would in a chatroom. Use this link here to get there. At the same time, I haven't started it yet.
A metallic jaw. Doesn't make him a full cyborg, since it doesn't really add much difference, but can protect him from minor damage or a few bullets.

Cyborg is any being with both biological and mechanical parts, according to the classical definition. My Grandpa with a pacemaker is a cyborg by the classical definition. The dude legally recognised as the first cyborg has a tiny chip implanted in his skull. It's got nothing to do with how much of your body is converted, so long as some part of it is converted or altered.

Sorry about the huge delay on posting. I was having trouble coming up with what to post and had a crazy week too. I'll try to be more prompt next time.

Okay I just want to make sure I know how everything is going down so I can make a good decision. The squad getting into the armored car is 4 ID sol and the target? Where as the rest of the group and the doctors and such are heading somewhere else? The group that got attacked by the loader bot is the group getting inside the armored car?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back