• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

The Road to Recovery

A

Ace

RP Date
YE 40
RP Location
Psychopomp Facility System 87B
Announcement Hall
All available employees that were not currently engaged in other work had been ordered to gather in the announcement hall. Everyone from department heads all the way down to the janitors had assembled in the hall to receive an address from Mr.Romanov himself. Romanov himself however was noticeably absent. This was due to him currently being on the run from USO and about half of the Psychopmp Board of Chairmen for reasons that had not been disclosed to those assembled in the hall. The bustling hall was quited by the man who was apparently running the event in place of Romanov.

The man read off Romanov's address from a piece of paper that another handed him. He began by addressing the current affairs. "Mr.Romanov says that there is nothing to worry about the recent attacks by USO and the betrayal of both Paul Smith and several other board members. He says that this was all caused by subterfuge from a Miss Uso Tasuki who some of you may know as the leader of the USO faction. He assures all of you that he is in good health and by no means is in any danger." The man would then cough nervously before continuing. "He continues to write that moving forward we will have to both recover the lost facilities from the grips of the terrorists, rebuild damage caused by them, and to retaliate by hitting supporters that he lists here. You are to capture and hold these supporters and their facilities until further notice. You all will be assigned to different duties and I have a special assignment for a special team who will be touching base with a team who is working closer to USO controlled space." He would then turn the page over and continue. "You will now be assigned jobs by department. Firstly all non-combatants excluding those needed to repair damaged facilities will resume your usual work but it is expected that you will work harder going forward in order to give us an advantage over the USO thugs." Several grumbles and complaints rose from the worker section of the group at this. "All combat personnel will be tasked with assaulting different key locations. Some of you will be heading out to regain the facilities attacked by USO that are still being held captive to regain the facility and save any workers still held captive by the ruffians. Others will be attacking USO supply patrols or allies of USO. A Mister Lazarus and Miss Weiss along with her squad will be undertaking a special mission along with other personnel that are already conducting the operation." He would then pause before remembering to say. "This concludes Mister Romanov's address you all are dismissed to perform your assigned duties."

Lazarus stood quiet and brooding as usual. His eyes followed the various personnel as they filed out.

Weak pests, all of them.

Despite his distaste for the normal humans working here, he admitted they had use. But, his mind was soon drawn from that thought as he wondered anxiously what the new mission was. He had gotten bored in his idleness, weeks gone by with nothing to lash at. Now it was only time to wait, which he would spend prepping.

The neck-warmer-wearing elf stood among the personnel as well. Hands folded together behind her back as she waited. Crystal blue eyes lazily drifting up towards the spokesperson. She didn't seem at all brooding or dangerous. Yet the people that surrounded her took care to give her at least one meter of space in any given direction. She wasn't physically imposing. She had a reputation that preceded her. A stonecold bitch you didn't want to mess with.

Though she knew there were several of her Velites amongst the crowd. Who cheered as they heard the promise of a new assignment. Weiss remained silent, only rolling her eyes as she realized she would be stuck with that Lazarus fellow again. He was effective, but a damn annoying wild card to deal with.

Her eyes moved over to the brooding individual in question, before sighing. Glancing at the rest of the crew as they moved out of the room. Leaving only herself, Lazarus, and her squad of Velites, who elected to socialize with one another. Weiss turned on her feet and decided to go talk to Lazarus. While she'd much rather talk and socialize with her squad, who actually knew how to talk and deal with her, it seemed far more advantageous to gather his thoughts. "So, we'll be working together closely," Weiss stated. Not a hint of emotion betrayed in her disturbingly cold tone as she approached the bio-weapon.

His eyes stopped before sliding over to her. "Seems so. Is that an issue operative?", Lazarus asked rather dull like, the way she acted making it more then clear she would rather not talk to him.

"As I hear, my father and his pitiful bunch have left, and you brought back one of our stray tools. Seems you've been rather busy lately.", The tall man chuckled as he added that. He had busy himself, but following a traitor a not stray weapon.

"If you keep your mouth shut and follow orders for a change, not at all," Weiss chimed happily. Before shaking her head at the feigned joy. Glancing over at her squad. Though a shrug followed. "A stray tool of mine," Weiss retorted with an arch of her eyebrow. Before pushing out a soft breath. "And a little extra, as you might've heard," she added with a mirthless chuckle. "So, how's your combat readiness?"

He pulled back the coat to show his weapons. "Taking orders implies you're giving them. I don't answer to you.", he replied with veiled annoyance. He knew who his masters were, and Weiss was not one of them.

"...and that tool, is Psychopomp property, as well as the child. Just because you gathered them, does not make them your property. The company cares little for you, and I, we are just the higher quality tools in the box. I hope you are not so naive as to not see the unseen collar you wear, with all the trivial amenities you pamper yourself with."

"A real ray of sunshine, I missed that," she answered with a grin, before shaking her head. "Ease up, BW-L02." Weiss said with a mirthless chuckle. "Dear gods above, I'd reckon it'd be years since you last had a woman, if I didn't know better," she said with a wink, before turning on her heels with a soft giggle. "No, there's several things you have wrong. One of which, and unlike Nora-... Or that child, my choker's just velvet decoration. I have no chains attached for the simple reason that my loyalty's been proven, time and time again."

She shoved her hands into her pockets, glancing over her shoulder. "Remind me. How're those tedious check-ups? Or the countless questions posed?" She chuckled. "The only tedium I go through is keeping such a large appartement clean and dust free. Though another perk is mental stability." She shook her head with a venomously soft giggle, turning back to her Velites and giving a soft wave. "Now excuse me, I have people to interact with. I'm sure that's... Beneath you. Or whatever excuse you utilize for your social incompetence. Toodles!"

Lazarus gave a low laugh, "While he runs free. Starting to think he was the wiser one. Maybe one day you'll meet BW-J00, Fenrir always was a promising project. Too bad you don't meet their criteria."

Weiss didn't seem like she heard, or maybe she was a natural at ignoring Lazarus. But either way, the woman did as she stated, beginning to converse and even socialize with her squad.

While everyone was socializing, or not in the case of Lazarus a pilot would run into the hall. "I hope your all suited up cause we're heading out now." He would motion to them to follow as he jogged back out to the transport that would be taking them. The ship had been disguised as one of their merchant ships so that it wouldn't raise any suspicion. The pilot would speak as people loaded in. "I'm sorry but I can't tell you anything about the mission as we might have security breaches from the recent upheaval caused by USO." He would then whisper under his breath. "What kind of narcissist names their faction after themselves?" He would then continue. "You'll find out everything from the agents who are already at the staging location. From here on we're going silent until we reach our destination don't say anything that could be confidential. Alright start her up and get her moving we don't have all day."

Weiss rested her hands on the butt of her silenced rifle as she talked. Adjusting several straps of her tactical rigging, the woman took a deep breath as she saw the pilot enter the room. Arching an eyebrow, before snorting softly. The entirety of her squad falling silent at the noise. They also turned to the pilot and listened in on his brief, but pretty understandable, briefing. Weiss coughed softly and nodded at her Velites. Who responded with a nod of their own and fell in behind the pilot. Weiss wandering behind her squad.

Without a word, they filed into the transport. Including their CO.

Lazarus said nothing as the tall imposing figure stode behind the group. Not really minding, or even caring in the least what the job was. If he got to kill something he would be satisfied. He was however curious to know why Weiss cared about that girl so much.

After a long and generally quite ride the group would make it to a space station belonging to a well-off start-up company that dealt in refueling stations for non-faction fleets. The craft they were riding would dock under pretenses of refueling and the pilot would signal for everyone to leave.

Lazarus didn't need to be told twice, heading out the airlock as the waving even began. The tall bioweapon making himself inconspicuous as he exited, keeping all weapons hidden, and making sure his face shrowd. He waited for the rest of the party to exit as well.

Velites moved down the ramp, masks and balaclavas on. Hiding their numerous faces from sight. Each having their weapon slung to the side. Weiss glanced along her soldiers and murmured something under her breath. Examining their surroundings.

As the last person got off the ship the pilot would take off again as the rest of the crew would walk up. Heading the group would be the combat medic Natyli and the sniper Terry. There was also a new member along for his first mission along with a few other foot soldiers with various specialties and 6 groups worth of ship crews. Natyli would get right to explaining their mission. "So how do you feel about hijacking a fleet for Psychopomp. We have a fleet arriving in a few hours we are going to neutralize a whole fleet's worth of soldiers and crew. We will replace them with our crews so that we may use the fleet in the war against USO."

Waiting had always been the true warrior's curse, boredowm and down time was inevitable and this was no different. In the short time he had been in the Kikyo sector it had been easy enough to find jobs that required his murderous skills. He had been directed to the Psychopomp group due to his aggressive demeanor and ability to do what needed to be done regardless of ethics and morals.

He had been waiting patiently with this Natyli and Terry, doing his best to avoid the burden of small talk, until the arrival of this newer group. Having looked over the new arrivals he saw the same white skinned aliens arrayed in different fashions of course.

The Pir'taplan was already decked out in his homeworld's armor and carried his shield slung on his back. He nodded a greeting to the new comers as he stood off to the side listening. He tilted his head as if he were studying a confusing map, which was not that far off. The female Natyli was describing some kind of fleet and he could only assume they were to assault it. Close quarters, brutal, a chance for Keem to show this organization what he was good at.

He spoke up in reply in stuttered Trade, "I ready. Who lead cohort? How soft enemy?"

Weiss and Velites were silent. Hauntingly so. The two made their way to the sniper and medic. The silent froup gathered around, the Elf being the centerpiece of the black-clad soldiers. Who seemed to be carrying a plethora of specialized tools. Though all seemed to have a silenced rifle and a silenced pistol somewhere. A soft grimace appeared on her face as the soldier asked how they felt about it.

They weren't paid to feel. They were paid to fight, kill and conquer.

Weiss glanced along her Velites, her cold gaze passing over each member. Years of working together, it was her allowing for her soldiers to ask questions. The only time she allowed it. Though there were none. Nodding, before looking back to Natyli. "We're all ready." She stated coldly. Both hands resting on the buttstock of her silenced rifle.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back