• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

The Role of Starship Engineers / Technical Sentries

Hi. Since this topic has started, I've added description of the Sakura's maintenance tunnels and a general description of the Sakura's engine room.

The main things I could add additional detail to will be likely the aether generator, the hyperspace fold system, and such. Let me know if you have some other features in mind that need elaboration. I'd like to get around to doing the Nozomi's engineering subdeck someday, but I'm pretty swamped at the moment.

I'd like to see some suggestions for the Celia's engine room, Yangan. ;)

I thought it was just a series of access tubes leading up the the engines. :)

We don't have a dangerous warp core to worry about like in Star Trek, and the Megami handles most of the under-the-hood stuff, so the we don't really need a whole room for engine controls.

The Chief of Engineering's station is on the bridge (DefSys):
https://stararmy.com/starships/ketsurui/ ... bridge.gif

The only things that need to be done manually should be the occasional diagnostics or damage control. For those, Sakai would just crawl into the access tubes.

Although the Ayame probably would have alcove (or two, one on each side of the ship) with entrances to all the access tubes, along with some permanent control panels for operations that are too much of a hassle or just too dangerous to perform in the access tubes.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back