• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

The Status of Time Devices

Soresu

Just as the title implies, this is a question of the status of time devices in regards to the setting, and their legality. Yes, this includes weapons, devices that can alter or manipulate time. And no, no physics jihad in here please.

As it stands, there are none, yet, during a IRC discussion not even two minutes old, we got on the subject of time, and time devices. So I decided to ask.

They must be allowable to some varying degree considering MEGAMI uses a,
"electrogravitational temporal distortion field that can increase the processor and memory signal speeds to many times that of light, for use during continuum distortion travel. "
which in effect plays with time it would seem in regards to the CDD, and was hoping for some enlightenment on the matter (As the 'temporal' word caught my eye. And if the CDD interacts with Time to do what it does and distortion tech in general really.). Or, my take on this may be blurred since well, I've never seen, nor heard of questions regarding time stuff being brought up, and more or less became curious.

Some minor, temporary, localized acceleration of time is allowed in top-tier technology, but going backwards in time is not possible, at least for now.

The closest I've seen to time dilation is sped-up mental perception so that it appears to the user that time has slowed but they are still stuck moving in realtime. Gives the user more time to create tactics, but doesn't give them any particular speed advantage over their opponent.

I think time dilation exists in the SARP as the plots tend to have slight date discrepancies which iron themselves out as ships meet eachother then begin to occur once they separate again.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back