• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check The Voice of the People

BloodyScarlet

I had an idea for a group of mercenaries that take up jobs for the people. Get contacted to go to planets with horrible corrupt leaders and lead revolutions on those planets, or join revolutions already on that planet and use any means to help over throw the corrupt. Or the other thing is hired by empires to do the dirty work on planets, you know that the leader is corrupt but you don't want the populace to know you have known for awhile, hire the voice to go do, deal with it, so you can come in looking like the good guys to bring back order to the planet. With their main base being an old renovated ship that they can move around easily and not be in one place where they are easily found and attacked.

It was an idea I was toying around with and I think would work really well in SARP, since you can have characters being mercs, being spies for the different empires, making sure the group isn't plotting anything, or just people with the goal to make the universe a less corrupt space.

Yea no restrictions, and with size of the group, it all depends on how many people would like to be a part as I can side in some NPCs, the more people, the more targets can be dealt with, the less, the less noticeable to squad, so any number really works.

Yamatai doesn't usually use mercenaries but in all these new sectors it might be fair game for them to be funding/supporting some of this work for the good of the Empire or just to improve the lives of everyday people. Maybe there's even room for some Star Army characters there are on special "advisor" duty to provide "advice" and training to the mercs?

Yamatai doesn't usually use mercenaries but in all these new sectors it might be fair game for them to be funding/supporting some of this work for the good of the Empire or just to improve the lives of everyday people. Maybe there's even room for some Star Army characters there are on special "advisor" duty to provide "advice" and training to the mercs?
That would work, Also could be there to keep an eye on the mercs to make sure they aren't messing with important Yamatai planets, or report where they are going, so Yamatai can slide in after to take the planets for Yamatai.

We even have an occupation specific to that kind of thing.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back