• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

The Wired Rovers

Strangelove

Inactive Member
Foreword: Recently Exhack and I have decided to begin "fleshing out" the criminal and mercenary population. Traditionally nearly all the culture comes from PC nations, while the entire galactic criminal/merc sector is limited to-- well, they aren't much. What few factions wandering about are usually just generic thugs with guns and antique military equipment. Leaders may vary, but they're all pretty much the same. There are a few exceptions, but the diversity of the criminal sector is still a tiny fraction of what it is among the legitimate sector.

Anyways, we thought it might be a neat to start beefing up and diversifying the population so as to:
1) Make the criminal/merc sector an actual threat instead of just stormtrooper-like NPC fodder for plotships
2) Give the criminal sector the same uniqueness that legitimate nations have, to help flesh out the setting.
3) Give them the same opportunity for competition and factional politics that nations have (but within the criminal underworld).

Here is the first of a few submissions.

The Wired Rovers. <-- Click the link! One of the first of a few mercenary (and/or "merchant raider") companies to operate through the OSC.

Oh and to shamelessly bribe you all into approving it, I hereby submit more awesome arts!

pilotspace09.png

...Why must you tempt me with piratey goodness woman! I am liking them so far. Not to mention the art is awesome. :)

I see no issues with them, aside for the references to "Motherships" which I cannot find approved articles for (which will have to be submitted separately-so therefore are not an issue.)

Faction Approved for IC usage. Now use them. :!:

RPG-D RPGfix
Back