• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

The Wizarans

Brian

Inactive Member
I wanted to see a race that didn't have advanced technology and while on their native world, they couldn't. While you are reading this, you may notice a few strange and familiar things pop up. Because of the probability of the Elysians or the Yamatai Star Empire encountering them, I included them in their religions so that they may be mistaken as religious beings. Let me know if you have any criticism. Native technology would be an equivalent of 1750's tech. I would like to locate them in the in Quadrant I, about twenty-nine light years away from Yamatai. I hope everyone who sees this will be honest. I'm trying hard. This is still a work in progress so I'm still trying to round it out based on the 31 Questions. This is the second draft.

Planet: Wizara
Type: Terrestrial (mostly water)
Stellar Radius: 0.9 AU
Circumference: About 15,000 km
Surface Gravity: 1.6 G
Length of Day: 28 hours
Length of Year: 331 days

I) The Wizarans: A tribal race that live on a planet that is incapable of developing electricity. The core of their homeworld constantly emits electromagnetic pulses which neutralizes any development in those regards.

A) Description & Disposition: The wizarans are a felinoid race that greatly resembles a tiger. The males stand between eight to eleven feet tall on average with an average weight of 350 to 600 pounds. The female is smaller averaging six to nine feet tall with a weight of 225 to 450 pounds. Their retractable claws are kept sharp. Average life-span is about two-hundred and twenty years, barring unnatural death. On their back feet, they are capable of running to speeds up to fifty miles an hour. On all fours, they are capable of up to one hundred and ten miles an hour. Fur color varies but it is said that white fur is a sign of a great change for them all. Fur color also determines a wizarans status in life. Even though black fur Wizarans are warriors, the most powerful warrior rules the tribe. They are omnivorous in nature. Upon meeting a stranger, they are very hospitable and will share their home with the traveler.

i) Children: If weakness is found in a child, it will be culled.

ii) Brown- Used as laborers as they are the most common. They farm, mine, and manufacture current inventions.

iii) Black- Used as warriors. They are capable of lifting several tons.

iv) Blue- Trained as healers.

v) Red- Trained as scholars as red is the color of knowledge. All furs require the reds to teach them the new sciences and inventions. Economy is also their domain.

vi)Yellow- Trained as shamans and other religious roles.

B) World: Wizara is a mostly water covered world with some land. Water covers seventy-nine percent of the world while twenty percent is land. Not any piece of land could be considered a continent but a distinguishing feature of each island are the skyscraper-like towers of rock called Whittenia. The Whittenia are the exclusive property of the yellow-furred wizarans. These spires are believed to protect them from a great evil from the Dracule. The climate is mostly temperate with the equator being obviously tropical.

i) Whittenia- Religious towers that dot every island on Wizara. They are believed to Dracule. Yellow furs set up temples around them to keep their world protected.

1) Side Note: These Whittenia may be in fact a powerful technology left behind by another race. Caution should be taken as they have yet to be examined by another race better equipped. The red-furred wizarans believe that they may be a way to reach the moons however they have been unsuccessful in investigating them as the yellow-furred religious leaders have blocked access. The yellow furs believe that the Spreeta will emerge from there and then guide them through.

ii) Moons: Wizara's six moons are spherical in shape and are believed to be habitable. Astronomers on Wizara have noticed what appears to be Whittenia-like structures on its surface.

C) Government: Tribal rule is the law of this island dominated world. Alliances exist between the tribes for trade and mutual defense. While the chief of each tribe is the strongest warrior, each tribe has free elections for the chief's advisors. Each fur elects their own advisor. The advisors write proposals for new tribal law and recommend them to the chief for approval. Advisors have the power to set policy for their particular fur and work together in specific cases. The chief is allowed to freely make his own laws when necessary but will usually deferred to his advisors for their proposals. A chief may declare war or make an alliance without consulting the advisors. Gold is the medium of currency widely used.

i) Law Enforcement: The process of dealing with a criminal is similar to a normal court except the roles are segmented due to furs.

1) Brown Fur- Serve on the jury as they, generally have less life experience and considered neutral.

2) Black Fur- They serve the role of the police and never slack off on duty. In court, they serve the role as bailiff.

3) Blue Fur- They serve as medical testimony, if needed.

4) Red Fur- Serve as attorneys and court reporters.

5) Yellow Fur- Serve as the Judge.

a) Regardless of the crime, as the act of committing the crime is considered weakness, the sentence is always death.

D) Education: All wizarans are educated according to their fur. While there may be some criticism, it has worked for them. Education begins at age 2. Religion is taught to them since their birth.

i) Brown- Generally, a limited education. They learn to read, write, and do basic mathematics. Farming and manufacturing are also taught. Physical training is intense.

ii) Black Fur- Education is militaristic similar to a military academy. They learn to read, write, and do mathematics. Military strategy, combat, physical training, and map reading are also taught. Pure black furs are trained as elite warriors, their version of Special Ops. Blades and black powder guns are implemented.

iii) Blue Fur- Medical training is given with an emphasis on fostering compassion. Understanding of herbal medicines and surgery is required. Religion dictates that they must heal all including an enemy and can not be barred from performing their duty. In fact, no harm is ever done to them in war-time as they are the only neutral parties in any war.

iv) Red Fur- Considerably, the best education is given to them as they are allowed to study their choice of fields that do not fall under the other furs. Most advancement is attributed to them but do to the planet's core, they are unable to advance their technology further.

v) Yellow Fur- The religious arm of the Wizarans. When yellow furs are born, they are not considered a part of any tribe so that they can be impartial. All Wizarans regardless of furs are devoutly religious and would die to protect it.

1) The Holy Light- A group of sprites that had melded in ages past that formed the creation of all things. The Wizarans are their children and placed the Whittenia to protect them.

a) Spreeta- Whenever a great change needs to take place, a spreeta breaks off from the Holy Light to help guide the Wizarans along the way. Ancient paintings have described them having ears like a Wizaran but that is where the similarities end. Fur is sparse on them and their skin is smooth. When a Wizaran dies, it is believed that a spreeta will guide them back to the Holy Light if they were pure enough.

b) Anara- Known as the Matara, (or Supreme Mother, taught the hero Whitta to repel the Dracule. Whitta, a white-fur, sacrificed himself to save his people and Anara created the Whittenia and incased his soul in them. The Whittenia repel the Dracule from destroying the Wizarans for as long as they stand.

c) The Dracule- Believed to be the destroyers of all life. When the Holy Light created the Wizarans, the Dracule attacked the ancient Wizarans but were stopped by Whitta. They are only described as having feathered wings. Sometimes, a Dracule will grow strong enough to get past a Whittenia. Once in, they try to corrupt enough souls to weaken the surrounding towers to allow more of their kind through. Yellow furs are able to send the Dracule back if they are caught while they are still weak enough.

E) Farming and Agriculture: The islands are rather rich farmland and a variety of crops and livestock are raised. Each farm is expected to produce more than they will actually be needing to use. Here are a few examples below of their livestock and crops.

i) Livestock

1) Esendra- Best described as a turtle cow, it is a large sea turtle that weighs about two tons. It stands at nine feet tall with a width of seven feet. The legs are four feet long and rather thick and muscled. An opening on the plastron has an udder-like appendage protruding from it. Their milk is a great source of vitamins and minerals, potentially more so than their bovine equivalent. When butchered, the meat is rather juicy and succulent that tastes like beef.

2) Zeskes- A blue-feathered chicken-like bird that stands three feet tall. They have two sabertooth-like teeth. The eggs have peculiar ridges on them

ii) Crops

1) Marana- A corn-like crop that instead of growing with a solid tube-like stem, grows on a triangular stem. It has a sugary taste to it when uncooked and is sometimes given as a treat to children. The proper way to prepare it is by boiling in hot water for an hour to properly plump up the kernels.

2) Tacrasta- A grey tuber or potato plant. It is milled and ground into flour for their various needs.

iii) Food Distribution- Takes place at a marketplace. Food is sold rather cheaply as the farmers are greatly reimbursed for their efforts by the tribal advisors as their efforts benefit them all.

You could really do with some more formatting.

Other than that:

This might fall under the restrictions on human-like races, and on relatively new people making new races.
In addition ... we do have a lot of cat people.

That being said I do like this race, however it does need a lot more detail.

I submit that 'Wizarans' is somewhat of a lousy name - but you made something Zakalwe likes, which is damned hard, so kudos to you.

Done some editing

I did some editing and tried to flesh them out a bit. If anyone has any suggestions that would could help me out, that would be nice. Thank you for your previous replies and I do stink at names.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back