• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Tiger's Tear

SaltedFish

Inactive Member
Producer Information
Designer:
Manufacturer:
(Suggested) Price: 1200 KS

Nomenclature Information
Name: Tiger's Tear
Type: Magnet-enhanced Revolver
Model: Beta
Role: Self-defense, medium range
Length: 20cm
Weight: 1.5 Kg unloaded

Discharge Information
Projection/ammo type: FMJ, HP, AP polarized ammo
Firing Mechanism: Revolver type, 6 shot cylindrical magazine, break action.
Caliber: .357 Magnum
Effective Range: 150m
Maximum Range: 500m
Minimum Range: None
Muzzle Velocity: 980 m/s
Muzzle Blast: 8cm blast extends from end of barrel, highly visible. Deafening noise.
Firing Mode(s): SA/DA
Recoil: Fairly heavy, needs both hands minumum
Rate of Fire: Semiauto

After firing, the bullet travels down the barrel, triggering two electromagnets(of an opposite charge than the bullet) to activate, "squeezing" the bullet(much like squeezing a bar of wet soap between your hands) and increasing muzzle velocity.

Ammo Description:
Name: Varies
Visual Description: Uses special polarized ammunition
Ammo: 6 shots, with a battery that fits in handle of weapon. Battery good for 50 shots.

Weapon Mechanisms:
Safety: Bar safety, covers firing pin prior to firing
Fire mode selector: None, semiauto
Weapon Sight: Open, tritium enhanced sights. Rails for scopes on top.
Attachment Hard points: Under barrel, lasers, flashlights, cupholders, etc
Conversion kit compatibility: Can be modified as with any other firearm. Conversions/modifications must not, however, interfere with the gauss system, otherwise the revolver is just another hand cannon.

Maintenance Information:
Field Maintenance Procedure: Basic cleanign and oiling required.
Replaceable Parts and components: Most parts are simple and fairly common, any gunsmith can repair the firearm portion, but the magnets are harder for inexperienced technitians to fix, although the circuitry is fairly simple.

Visual Description:
Looks like a large revolver with a shroud around the end of the barrel. Balance is a bit off, but the rubberized grips are comfortable, and help control the recoil.

Basically, a chemical-propellant gun (IE, a normal physical weapon) with railgun elements added. I like, although it's usually just a one or the other thing.

Visual Description: Uses special polarized ammunition
That's... not a description >.>

You need a battery pack for the weapon to power the magnets and some sort of isolation system for the bullets so that they don't become un-polarized before firing. Make sure you say something about the magnets activating AFTER the bullet passes them.

This weapon officially fails the stealth test, it gets no continues and has to reset the mission XD

If you don't have something to say about the weapon that partains to the technical aspects then don't say it.

Yeah I totally fail for not even realizing that. Since the ammunition is contained inside the cylinder, the power pack could be contain inside the grip of the weapon.

Well, I mean ammo that is charged, so the magnets have an effect on it. Although I now realize that the ammunition really doesn't *have* to be charged, it just needs to be responsive to magnetic fields.

A small capacitor could be contained inside of the bullet's casing to power the weapon. Because you are using a revolver the casing isn't ejected immediately after firing so you can do this fairly easily.

And I believe the word you are looking for is Magnetized.

Edit:
Well, it is good to know that my bad spelling has returned.

Fine fine MAGNITIZED. jeeze thanks. that *was* the word I was looking for. "Polarized" heh

Now I think what you mean by the capacitor in the casing is to charge the magnitized bullet? To keep it magnitized? Couldn't I just use a magnitized metal and leave it at that?

Yes.
The only thing is that standard magnets will tend to make your bullet spin rather than go faster...Electromagnets work for this kind of thing because the field is the same regardless of how the projectile is oriented...

Also, "Magnitized" is still wrong - it's "magnetized".

The capacitor could be used to power the electromagnets in the gun. It can safely be assumed that the bullet is a natural magnet.

Err... yeah. I wrote it that way just to make sure you were reading...things prop..erly...

Yeah the bullet is magnEtized, just so it is responsive to the electromagnets. the bullet itself is not charged, just magnetic.

Alright ... this turned into a huge question over spelling and lexis use, but at the fundamentals the tech seemed to be good. So what's stopping it being approved as quite a neat hand held gun?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…