• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Time Question

Amaryllis

Inactive Member
Can one character be in two plots at the same time?
I wonder this because in the same amount of OOC time it takes one plot to finish one mission or week or whatever another plot can play through four times as much IC time.
If one plot is only supposed to take a month of IC time to complete but it takes a year OOC could a character in it be in another plot that IC wise takes place a month or more after it but is being played at the same time?
Can't plots also take place in the past?

Yes, its been done before, in fact Yoshi and I did that with the Soyokaze; and I know of a few other players on the site whom have as well. So long as the plot you are heading to takes place 'after' the chapter of the plot you are coming from it is relatively ok - of course - it is also up to the GM involved in the plot you are going to be apart of, after all some GM's might not want you to start RPing yer character when the other plot chapter they are in is still active.

Pretty much what Kyle said. Of course in the scenario you mentioned. If the GM of the first plot should decide to offer another mission and that would conflict with your character being on the other plot. You would have to leave the first one after completing the first mission.

Things could get really weird if you do something in one plot that would affect you in the other plot that's in the "future."

I would allow a plot in the past in the right circumstances, provided it didn't break existing history. Basically "add to" not "alter."

When Raz and I felt that Nicholas Saiga would not continue in the Byakuren plot, he expressed desire to join another plot.

Rather than trap him in mine, we agreed to a chain of event on how his character would make his exit, and then I gave him the go ahead to use his character elsewhere.

Another point where I fudge time is when I have Kotori appear in the Senate when she's supposedly deeply involved in the going ons of my plot. Things is, there's a lot of time in a year and the time we roleplay is typically a small fraction of that. I just assume that the time and place Kotori participates in the Senate is at a different point than where I am in my plot.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back