• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Resolved Title Ribbons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamb

Ovine Member
Inactive Member
I've always thought it would be neat for Faction Managers to have their faction manager ribbon written in their faction's language. (I.E., German for Abwherans, Japanese for Yamataians, Latin/Greek for Elysians)

Now that I've ascended to the lofty heights of Freespacer faction manager, I suppose I'll take this opportunity to ask if my Faction Manager Ribbon can read "F4C710N M4N463R". I understand if it's too much annoyance, or that I'm just not special enough (Damn you, mom, you told me I was as special as they come!) for such an executive treatment. On the other hand, I've always liked the idea for EVERYONE to have this. I guess it could be confusing for Yamatai-go, since many people don't know how to read Japanese; but in every other language the words are similar enough.

Thoughts? Feelings?

I'm not sure about this. I think that ease of communication/understanding may outweigh looking unique. Can't you just put this sort of thing in your custom title?

The Hidden Sun Clan in their language is a longer than it is in English.

Can't you just put this sort of thing in your custom title?

Well, I was kind of hoping that this would be something for everyone. Not just me. But I'll back off on it pretty easily, because it is hard to expect people to figure out what they're reading in some other language.

I'm with Wes on this one.

This will make things more approchable for newcomers to the site, for one. And it's an added degee of complexity which I feel actually adds very little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back