Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

SACN To all COs, Evaluations

(Art will be coming soon. Kim is working on logos, patches, rank pins etc)

Probably need a uniform before decide what the ranks look like.

Art for uniforms is in the works. :)

All ranks and assignments are contingent upon the decisions of my subordinates regarding if they will remain here or go to the YSA.

CO's Name: Kage Yaichiro
Soldier/Officer's Name: Kotonoha Miyako
Assignment: UCS Yugumo II
Old YSE Rank: Santo Juni
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Sub-Lieutenant
Level of Officer Education, if Applicable: Some Kyoto War College
Past Assignments: YSS Asuka, YSS Akigumo
Past Accomplishments: Commanded the YSS Asuka in a combat situation, performing above and beyond. Saved lives in rescue operation after the Battle of Jiyuu, including the life of a ship’s CO
Reasoning for Recommendation: Miyako has shown a potential for command far in excess of her age and rank, to the point where she is my defacto XO. With this rank., I seek to make that official.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Kobayashi Ichiro
Old YSE Rank: Santo Juni
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Cadet
Level of Officer Education, if Applicable: N/A
Past Assignments: YSS Sakura, YSS Yugumo, YSS Asuka, YSS Asamoya (assist), YSS Akigumo
Past Accomplishments: Various, including preventing a Takumi from falling into SMX hands. Is currently in charge of UCS Yugumo’s infantry
Reasoning for Recommendation: Ichiro has seniority on his side, as well as skill and the benefit of training under the guiding hand of Motoyoshi Caine, the CO of the 17th. He is also performing the duties of an officer, and I require this to make it official.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Wakahisa Kichiro
Old YSE Rank: Nito heisho
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Cadet
Past Accomplishments: Completed the training needed to be medical personnel, rescued adrift after the Battle of Jiyuu.
Reasoning for Recommendation: Not only is Kichiro good at bettering himself without being pushed, and an asset as a medic, but he is also a trained counselor. While this skill was overlooked in the YSA, it could become a valuable asset in the Peacekeeping Forces in dealing with those rescued from the aftermath of traumatic events. This has been made evident in his rescue and calming of personnel after the Battle of Jiyuu. His niche is a unique one which I anticipate a need for in our new system. Lastly, he has some Kyoto War College training.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Minori Yuki
Old YSE Rank:Joto Hei
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Petty Officer First class
Past Assignments: YSS Yugumo, YSS Asuka, YSS Akigumo
Past Accomplishments: Completed the training needed to be medical personnel, rescued adrift after the Battle of Jiyuu.
Reasoning for Recommendation: In addition to having completed training as a Medic and having Kyoto War College training, she also helped rescue those stranded in the Battle of Jiyuu.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Roken Techard
Old YSE Rank: Joto Hei
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Petty Officer Second Class
Past Assignments: YSS Yugumo, YSS Asuka, YSS Akigumo
Past Accomplishments: Assisted Power Armor team in disabling self destruct, and decuring Mishhu vessel for study. Killed a boarding Mishhu.
Reasoning for Recommendation: The defacto Chief engineer, this young man is also doing a job in excess of his standing, and has shown still and versatiliyu.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Shokupan Umibouzu
Old YSE Rank: Santo Hei
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Peacekeeper Second Class
Past Accomplishments: N/A
Reasoning for Recommendation: Again, our Armorer fills an unusual niche I see a possible need for. He also has seniority.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Lolion Reglo
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Peacekeeper First Class
Past Accomplishments: Assisted in searching for survivors, Battle of Jiyuu
Reasoning for Recommendation: I believe that this person is ready for the equivalent of a one rank promotion at the time of this transmission, as they’ve carried themselves well in uniform and helped save lives in a rescue operation after the Battle of Jiyuu.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Inoue Tio
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Peacekeeper First Class
Past Accomplishments: Assisted in searching for survivors, Battle of Jiyuu
Reasoning for Recommendation: I believe that this person is ready for the equivalent of a one rank promotion at the time of this transmission, as they’ve carried themselves well in uniform and helped save lives in a rescue operation after the Battle of Jiyuu.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Uindo Denkou
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Peacekeeper Third Class
Past Accomplishments: None
Reasoning for Recommendation: This matches their previous standing.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Riven Nutting
Reasoning for Recommendation: This matches their previous standing.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Kage Mist
Reasoning for Recommendation: This matches her previous standing.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Akio Noboru
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Peacekeeper Recruit
Level of Officer Education, if Applicable: Remedial Infantry Courses (Required by my orders)
Reasoning for Recommendation: Noboru-Hei has not been a very good soldier, though I am giving him another chance. He is quick to make displeasures known, he has no initiative or willingness to do work on his own, and must be guided by the hand through things. He originally lost his Power Armor privileges after attacking members of the Seventeenth Power Armor Wing inside of Bay 16, which I have only reinstated due to the lack of an alternative curriculum. I have made him aware that he must improve. As such, I am issuing him the lowest rank possible, as his trespass could easily have claimed lives.

Kage Yaichiro-Shosa
UCS Yugumo II

EX-STAR ARMY DUDES

If your character just moved to the UOC, he/she needs to send his Star Army stuff back to the Star Army (don't be a thief lol).

To make this simple, you can cut (CTRL-X) stuff from your character page and then paste it (CTRL-V) into this page: Returned Gear. I'll sort it all out later.

Thanks.

Tyler said:
Here's the evals for the members of the 17th who are staying with the UOC:

CO's Name: Motoyoshi (Ionoche) Caine
Soldier/Officer's Name: Kitano Ai
Assignment: 17th Kasairyuu Wing
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Peacekeeper 2nd Class
Past Assignments: None
Past Accomplishments: Aided in handling hostage situation in Tokyo
Reasoning for Recommendation: the 17th is Ai’s first true assignment and I’d hate to have to force her out as I believe she has limitless potential to be a great armor pilot. And she’s helped the authorities on Tokyo deal with a troublesome hostage situation.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Hiragi Natsuko
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Peacekeeper 2nd Class
Past Assignments: None
Reasoning for Recommendation: Just like Ai, the 17th is Natsuko’s first long running assignment and I’d personally like to see that she is given the fair chance to be great as well.

Soldier/Officer's Name: Xanatos Zarthe
Old YSE Rank: Itto Heisho
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Petty Officer 1st Class
Past Assignments: YSS Yūgumo, before and after destruction, YSS Asuka
Reasoning for Recommendation: I’ve known Xan since my days serving on the Yūgumo and believe that he is a great addition to the 17th at the appointed rank.

Officer’s Name: Ionoche Caine
Assignment: CO of the 17th Wing
Old YSE Rank: Taii
Level of Officer Education: Completed advanced officer courses from the Kyoto War Academy.
Past Assignments: YSS Akuro, YSS Namiko, YSS Sheridan (Short Stint), YSS Yūgumo, YSS Akuro III
Past Accomplishments: Taiie no Iori incident, Betrayal at Taiie, Battle of Murf, Battle of Taiie, Battle of Jiyuu, Yūgumo, Convinced the YSS Yanagi to return to reconnect to PANTHEON with words alone (Hanabusa Incident).

CO’s Name: Motoyoshi (Ionoche) Caine
Soldier/Officer’s Name: Stryker, David
Recommended UOCPA Rank: Sub-Lieutenant
Old YSE Rank: Itto Juni
Level of Officer Education: Some Kyoto War College (Currently taking correspondence courses)
Past Assignments: 2nd Fleet
Past Accomplishments: Formed a “Wraith” Team, a unit specializing in stealth operations, Partook in Jiyuu Defense and YC-28 Coordination (Hanabusa incident)
Reasoning for Recommendation: David is my XO and I’ve come to trust his judgement as such despite his former Juni ranking which is why I suggest promotion to sub-Lieutenant.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back