• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN To Kage Mist and Kotonoha Miyako

Toshiro

You two are the two most trusted of the Asuka crew, and it pains me to tell my daughter and my XO that I'm not coming back...

It wasn't easy choosing to return to the Empire over returning to my child, no way...but if I do not, I fear that the worst may come to pass. Someone has to stay behind and maintain vigil over Yamatai...abandoning them now only ensures their return to the old way.

Mist-chan...I'm leaving you my house and 500,000 HS, so that you may live comfortably. I hope to visit when the borders open, but until then all we have is communication.

I still love you, Mist-chan, and I can only hope that by the time you have children, Yamatai is a more safe and nurturing place.

Miyako...please take good care of my child. I trust you more than any other member of the former Asuka crew, and know that you wish the same for Mist that I do--her happiness. I regret not being there for her at this time, so soon after her adoption...and I also feel guilt at asking you to fill my place in her life for the time being.

Please be strong for the crew, Miyako-san. The UOC is in for as turbulent a time as Yamatai, and they will need someone strong to help them through it. I know you have the strength necessary for the job, however...

Kage Yaichiro

<<Play File>>

"It's running, okay?" Miyako turned to Mist, and sat down on the edge of the bed in her quarters. She was dressed for the evening, in a black skirt, and a navy blue top that bunched around her shoulders, emphasizing her shape overall. The officer wore a darker shade of lipstick, something along the lines of crimson and bowed towards the recording device to start.

"Hello Yaichiro-san, we decided to reply to your letter together, and like this so you could see us and keep the recording for when you're feeling down."

"I think it is..." Mist said quietly, not really a wizard at such strange devices. She was wearing the red kimono that Yaichiro had given her when shortly after the adoption. Her blonde hair was pinned up in a bun, but she wasn't wearing any makeup. "Hello, daddy!!!" she blurted out after Miyako was finished, "I hope you are doing well!! We all miss you!" She smiled with a giggle.

The officer nudged Mist with her whole body, bumping shoulders at her exuberance. "Well, anyway I wanted to say that the new ship is a little weird without you, but we're all trying really hard so far. I'll try to see that anyone with questions understands. Even though we both with you had stayed here, we don't hate you and it's not goodbye, ne?"

Miyako's cheeks became slightly coloured, figuring she'd said too much the crimson-eyed girl looked to Mist to pick up somehow.

Mist nodded at everything Miyako just said, clinging a bit to her after the nudge. "I love you, daddy... always! Just remember that, okay?" The medic smiled cutely at the recording device.

"I'll be as strong as I can, and don't worry about Mist." The dark haired woman tried to smile, then finally felt more natural about it. "For everyone, everyone I will keep trying. Send us back a message soon." She turned to the Medic, "Did we forget anything?"

Mist thought for a moment, "Um... Oh! Thanks for the house and the money! It will help a lot! And... I love you, too..." She seemed to become a little sad all of the sudden before finishing with a flush face, "I- If I have children... then I hope they will be able to see their grandfather someday, ne?" She giggled before turning away all embarrassed-like.

"He's coming back...he just feels really bad for having to go right now." Miyako laughed nervously while she calmed in comparison to Mist's blushing.

Standing up, the Jiyuuian walked towards whatever was recording, bent down and smiled. "Don't forget about me, Yaichiro-san. We'll be here. Promise." With that she kissed the screen, leaving a lipstick mark there in front of her smile before the recording stopped.

<<File Ends>>

RPG-D RPGfix
Back