Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

SACN To Motoyoshi Saito and Koyanagi Mayumi, "Link Siphon"

Toshiro

Inactive Member
To Motoyoshi Saito Taisho-Shogun
United Outer Colonies

and Koyanagi Mayumi
Motoyoshi Fleetyards

Attachments: LINKSIPHON.SCH, LINKSIPHON.DAT, COMPRESSEDHELIUMrREACTOR.SCH, COMPRESSEDHELIUMrREACTOR.DAT

I have just completed a pair of power systems which are quite fascinating in their potential. Attached are schematics, data, and the PANTHEON monitoring files of the successful tests.

The first is the Link Siphon, which actually uses Link Device technology to provide a nuclear fusion solution which has a yield several magnitudes greater than conventional electromagnetic acceleration fusion, by using true star core pressure. It creates a highly compressed Helium as a byproduct, which is vented or stored in tanks at a significant percentage of that needed to undergo fusion itself. The Link Siphon can process this byproduct again should it be necessary, such as if within Anti-FTL fields.

The second is the Compressed Helium Reactor, which is designed to run off of the Compressed Helium byproduct of the Link Siphon. It also has a higher yield than normal fusion, as it requires significantly less electromagnetic acceleration due to that standard pressure of the Helium. It is made of non-military components, and marketable to civilians.

I have also designed storage tanks for the helium, a military and a civilian variant.

I envision this as a back up if not an alternative to Aether, which is much more plentiful and less dangerous than Antimatter. Not only do I see it as a compact secondary and trinary power source for ships, but large platforms can siphon energy out of a star for our colonies using thousands of these devices, while storing helium for sale to those running the easy-to-build and cheap Compressed Helium Reactor. Selling the byproduct of our power generation off as fuel to civilian entities on such a scale seems like a rare opportunity, though I admit that I am not a cost analyst.

Kage Yaichiro-Shosa
Director, Starship Improvement Program
Flag CO, UCS Yugumo II

Thank you Yaichiro, as usual your contributions are greatly appreciated. Payment will be forwarded once the government finishes the new financial system. Paired with Quantum foam these will be very useful.

Signed,
Motoyoshi Mayumi

CC: MFY Treasury Office

RPG-D RPGfix
Back