• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

SACN To Taisho Yui: Regarding Pisces Station Security

Toshiro

ENCRYPTION LEVEL 7: Contents relate to events classified by the Office of the Mistress Taisho of the Star Army of Yamatai.

To be read only by the Mistress Taisho and those she grants access.

TO Mistress Taisho Ketsurui Yui

I would like to report that failures of Concourse D at Pisces Station escalated the situation much further than necessary, placing Hanako-Taisa in much more danger by allowing her captors to flee Yamataian space.

That site not only has no visual recording system to maintain the security of the station, but also allows scanner jamming systems to be run on any ships parked there. They also refused to gather or disclose any information on the vessels, or to halt the launching of them, even at my personal order.

Concourse D is under a horrible state of administration, and in this case it has proven to be a problem of security for the Empire. SAINT agents discovered that the lax handling at this site was what allowed the ship which carried Hanako-Taisa from Kyoto to transfer her to the ship which later transported her to Funky City. If the security was up to specifications, the operation which allowed Hanako-Taisa’s capture may not have even been possible.

Though we managed to recover the Taisa safely from the hands of the Blacks, the lack of security has proven itself a major security threat to this Empire. Anyone can transport anyone and anything into or out of our space through Pisces Station without consequence. I respectfully ask that this situation be swiftly resolved, before such an incident is repeated.

shosa_x5_tiny.gif

Kage Yaichiro Shosa
Chief Engineer
YSS Eucharis, NG-X1-408

Thank you for your report. Your suggestions will be considered.

However, records show that Pisces did stop launches as asked, but by the time you asked, six ships had already left. It seems more like a problem of you waiting too long to close the Kyoto spaceport and Pisces.

-Yui

ENCRYPTION LEVEL 7: Contents relate to events classified by the Office of the Mistress Taisho of the Star Army of Yamatai.

To be read only by the Mistress Taisho and those she grants access.

That couldn't have been known then, because when I tried to stop the ship which had already taken Hanako-Taisa from Kyoto, the traffic controller responded to me with, and I quote, "Sorry, it's not our business to interfere with the Nepleslia cargo industry" upon my inquiry as to the ship's release.

I don't know what reports you recieved from Pisces, but from what we saw and were told, they never had any intention of stopping that ship to begin with. From what we can tell, they "coincidentally" undocked it immediately upon my giving the order to inspect it.

(OOC: Link to text: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2240&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=151 , through the next 5 or 6 posts)

Also, we had asked for information on the various ships, which they refused to divulge.

(OOC: Link to reference: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=2240&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=150)

Should we have shut down the station entirely? Perhaps, but the Taisa's kidnapping was classified, and we were operating under orders to not reveal that information. We had no unclassified reason to give to the staff to shut down Concourse D or Kyoto Spaceport.

If I operated in any incorrect way which I am failing to see, I apologize. What I can say is that the XO, myself, and the crew did everything we felt possible at the time. I do confess that I was the one handling the footwork at Pisces Station to get this done, and any shortcomings there which are not accountable by Pisces' Staff are likely mine to bear.

Though the Taisa is safe, I can't help but feel that this should have been stopped cold at Pisces. I honestly believe that Pisces is guilty of gross wrongdoing, though if you feel I am also responsible, then I guess I may be. I was the one who failed to recapture Hanako-Taisa from her initial kidnapping to begin with anyway.

shosa_x5_tiny.gif

Kage Yaichiro Shosa
Chief Engineer
YSS Eucharis, NG-X1-408

RPG-D RPGfix
Back