• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Rejected Character Tom Alect

Phoenix

Inactive Member
Name: Tom Alect

General Information

Species: Nepleslian

Family / Creators: Ronald Alect (father), Ann (mother), Roma Alect (younger brother), Lorenzo Alect (older brother).

Employer: Nepleslian Star Army
Current Assignment: Pilot Training

Physical Characteristics

Height: 6' 4''
Weight: 160
Measurements:
Bra Size: N/A

Build and Skin Colour: Average build, Caucasian
Facial Features and Eye Colour: Completely clean shaven, Green eyes
Hair Colour and Style: Brown, Flat Top

Distinguishing Features: He is a full human. Oddly enough he has a tattoo on his left bicep that reads TOM in blue letters.

Psychological Characteristics

Personality:
Tom is not impolite too most people he interacts with, but he doesn't make small talk or jokes either. Only the few beings that Tom considers ‘sharp' enough, will see him joke, complain and generally interact on a social level. He is a by the book individual, but he doesn't expect anything from someone that he doesn't do himself.

Dislikes: Worthless people, Life outside the military, Asian Food.
Goals: To earn the most kills and be known as the best fighter pilot in history , he even aspires to become the commander of the star army.

History

He grew up in one of the safer zones on his crime ridden planet. His father a former fighter pilot, inspired Tom to follow in his footsteps. To achieve his goal Tom spent a great deal of time in cadet military programs learning leadership and how to survive in the military. Tom's father spent extra money to put him through private pilot school and Tom holds several ratings outside the military.

A cadet instructor took a liking to Tom and taught him to look sharp always, both in physical appearance and awareness. Alect's impressionable mind absorbed everything taught to him by his instructor, in the process he became the not impolite but definitely unfriendly person he is today.

In respect to the tattoo on his left arm, Alect discovered at the age of fifteen that it was possible to tattoo oneself with just needles and ink. He discovered it was painful and at the time only thought to put his own name down. If you see it, which he won't normally let you do, he will tell you that its there to identify his corpse.

Skills

Mathematics: Tom has received an adequate level of mathematical training to understand flight operations and astro-navigation. Extreme high level mathematics escape Tom and he has little interest for them.

Vehicles: He is able to pilot most atmospheric craft unless they are overly complicated. Tom is only familiar with the most basic of space trainers. In addition he is licensed to operate most small ground vehicles.

Starship Operations: Tom has primarily trained with atmospheric craft but he has worked with a few space trainers. He has a good grasp of 3 dimensional thinking because of the young age he began learning civilian piloting. Advanced piloting is far beyond his abilities.

Knowledge: Alect knows the most of the military regulations from memory, especially those concerning the wearing of the uniform. He studied Nepleslian's history in detail, but he is almost completely illiterate in its alien counterparts.

Domestic: Tom has learned through his military experiance how to keep his uniform in excellent condition at all times.

Fighting: He has been trained as a cadet how to operate and maintain most basic pistols, including the standard service pistol.

Physical: : Tom has stayed in shape all the way through his cadet service. Often he woke extra early to run laps through the training ship.

OOC Notes

Sorry If I went with the "because he was a cadet" excuse for a lot of it. I couldent really think of where else he would learn most of it. Also I saw some information stateing there were fighter pilots and some information that dident list them, so I don't know if they exsist or not.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
And you just lost that excuse.
Players are not allowed to make characters with ranks above their board ranks, especially not a full command tier above, outside of special circumstances. Because this is not a special circumstance, he would be a Private Third Class.
Also, Neplesia, or any other race, doesn't really use starfighters, and most sub-ship fighting is accomplished with Power Armors.

Hey, I have to say, you did a pretty good job here. I have a few suggestions that may help you now and in the near future. ^_^

1. Hm... you might want to change his first name... the Nepleslian GM that will be the final word in your character's approval is also named Tom... There might be nothing wrong with it, but I'm just making a note on that... >.>;;

2. Starfighter Pilots do exist, but there aren't too common in the Nepleslian Star Army. At least, I haven't seen many of them. Power Armors seem to be used more in the SAoN, but I'm not completely sure.

3. Your actual rank will be: Private 3rd Class (P3C).

4. Your hair style confuses me a bit... Can you be a bit more clear?

5. Either Tom or Fian invite you into their plotships if your character is approved. That is what you'll put in the Current Assignment. Right now, it seems ok, though.

6. Most Nepleslians are heavy jokers, drinkers, and the most impolite people in the universe. But, hey, my Geshrin/Nepleslian Hybrid is polite, so you can probably get away with it, lol.

7. At least one skill should be Vehicle (Starfighter): if you truly want a fighter jock. Fighting will also include hand-to-hand and combat knives at least. Cooking is its own skill, called Cullinary.

Welcome again, and on one final note, make sure to get your contact information submitted. Submit Contact Info Here! You should have done that before you submitted a character, but oh well. Good luck! =-)

Shoot, well I did try to skirt past you guys without comment. I wasn't sure about how you handled the ranking system and I guess I skipped over that info unintentionally. Most militaries have their pilots as officers, but I see where your coming from.

I'm assuming this universe has a ROTC like program, that's what I meant by cadet for the most part.

I've also fixed most of what you asked me to.

A Flattop is a military hair style http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flattop.

I sort of like the name tom and it is after all a big universe. Perhaps it could be reasonable that there are a few people with the same name. If its a big problem I'll change it of course.

Are pilots rare enough for them to be unacceptable for a starting profession? I would think capital ships would have a use for a few of them if nothing else as a scout ship. I'll change it if necessary.

Perhaps the fact that he is so by the book will give him some distinction. If not I'll change it.

Are pilots rare enough for them to be unacceptable for a starting profession? I would think capital ships would have a use for a few of them if nothing else as a scout ship. I'll change it if necessary.
No, actually, like 80% of new dudes pick armor pilot as their first character's occupation. They're very common.

I wish you'd change his name, but that's not going to kill me.

We now officially have 4 Tom's in the RP. Two GMs, two characters. NO MORE TOM'S!

I don't really like the leadership thing in your character. Privates really don't have the justification to learn leadership. I suggest substituting it with Tactics/Morale and then using that as a stepping stone to develop real leadership capabilities in character.

Or you can just list it as a domestic or social ability.

Approved.

Tom, you really need to start approving Nepleslian bios.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back